JVC DLA-NP5

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
To be honest, any consumer projector costing more than £5000 (And launched in 2022) that does not have a laser light source I would consider a rip off.

Bill
Then you're not a heavy projector user. I get through more than 2500 hours per annum. A laser projector will be at half brightness after 20000 hours. Which means a laser projector would have a noticeably reduced quality picture for me after less than 4 years.

Wake me up when laser lamps are replaceable.

abacus

Then you're not a heavy projector user. I get through more than 2500 hours per annum. A laser projector will be at half brightness after 20000 hours. Which means a laser projector would have a noticeably reduced quality picture for me after less than 4 years.

Wake me up when laser lamps are replaceable.

20,000/2500=8 not 4 yrs.

A lamp will be half brightness after about 3000hrs, and will be the same with all the replacements needed to get to 20,000hrs. (Not forgetting the projector will need recalibrating after each lamp change)

Bill

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
20,000/2500=8 not 4 yrs.
Yes but the loss of brightness will be noticeable looooong before the half-brightness point.

A lamp will be half brightness after about 3000hrs, and will be the same with all the replacements needed to get to 20,000hrs. (Not forgetting the projector will need recalibrating after each lamp change)
Depends on the lamp and what temp you run them. Laser projectors steadily become paperweights. Whereas with a lamp projector, drop in a new lamp and the projector is as good as new.

Like I said, wake me up when laser lamps are replaceable.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts