Just paid for my new TV!! At Last! Picture settings help please

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I wnt to my local ricture sounds today to get a 46W4500 as they were the cheapest i could find and i wanted to get one from a shop so i could return it easily if it had clouding. Well they were out of stock and the manager said they didnt even have any on order as there is a deley getting them because sony have sold so many and the demand for them. Said it would be a while if i wanted one. So i saw that as a sign to not get one as i would probably end up with a duff one. lol. So i opted for the 46" Samsung 8 Series! 46a856 as this also got 5 starts by whathifi team. Wandering if anyone has one and if so whats the best settings for that perfect picture. I pick it up thursday. Any help with the settings? Thankyou.

Also got the sony bdp-s350 today multiregion. And tusima protector and qed hdmi cable and clearer audio mains cable. Are you supposed to get 2 free bluerays with this player. I though someone said you get something in the box you send off to get 2 dvds. I dont seem to have it.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
You should have a CD in the box which yuo use for online registration of the product. During this process you will be informed about your 2 free discs.

Sony say allow up to 28 days for delivery, mine came in 9. Think you have to register b4 the 31st of Jan but don't quote me on that.

Hope this helps.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Davro83:
I wnt to my local ricture sounds today to get a 46W4500 as they were the cheapest i could find and i wanted to get one from a shop so i could return it easily if it had clouding. Well they were out of stock and the manager said they didnt even have any on order as there is a deley getting them because sony have sold so many and the demand for them. Said it would be a while if i wanted one. So i saw that as a sign to not get one as i would probably end up with a duff one. lol. So i opted for the 46" Samsung 8 Series! 46a856 as this also got 5 starts by whathifi team. Wandering if anyone has one and if so whats the best settings for that perfect picture. I pick it up thursday. Any help with the settings? Thankyou.

Also got the sony bdp-s350 today multiregion. And tusima protector and qed hdmi cable and clearer audio mains cable. Are you supposed to get 2 free bluerays with this player. I though someone said you get something in the box you send off to get 2 dvds. I dont seem to have it.

Setting up a TV try here first http://whathifi.com/blogs/television/archive/2007/09/17/how-to-boost-your-tv-s-performance.aspx

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, yeah i registered by player and the discs are on the way. As for tv set up, thanks for that info.Its helpful but has anyone already done this on the samsung and can post their settings, as i wanna set it up as quickly as possible.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Davro83:Thanks, yeah i registered by player and the discs are on the way. As for tv set up, thanks for that info.Its helpful but has anyone already done this on the samsung and can post their settings, as i wanna set it up as quickly as possible.
Someone will pick up on this and give you the info you require. Just give them time.

TRENDING THREADS