Just enjoy...

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
... the music.

I don't have the best amplifier, I don't have the best CDP, I don't have the best turntable, and I'm not listening to the best mastered music right now... but by God I'm enjoying completely what I'm listening to :)

:cheers:

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
margetti said:
... the music.

I don't have the best amplifier, I don't have the best CDP, I don't have the best turntable, and I'm not listening to the best mastered music right now... but by God I'm enjoying completely what I'm listening to :)

Nice sentiment. I know this is a HiFi forum where folks discuss what equipment they have/want, but when it boils down to it, it's all about the music, or should be.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
margetti said:
... the music.

Nice sentiment. I know this is a HiFi forum where folks discuss what equipment they have/want, but when it boils down to it, it's all about the music, or should be.

Exactly. What is the point of hi-fi- whether it be active or passive, whether it has this cable or that cable, ec etc, if it isn't for the enjoyment of the music? I love my system I have to admit, but it would be nothing if I didn't enjoy the MUSIC

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Too damn right. I was testing out an affordable Bluetooth speaker on Friday and the little thing was blasting out the tunes in my office in a way that immensely enhanced my day. To paraphrase the Beatles, music is all you need :)

matthewpiano

This is precisely where I am at present. I'm enjoying the music so much - more than I can ever remember doing. Some of it is no doubt due to being totally satisfied with the way the system is putting it across, but any thoughts of messing around with the equipment are long forgotten. It is a much better place to be!

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Too damn right. I was testing out an affordable Bluetooth speaker on Friday and the little thing was blasting out the tunes in my office in a way that immensely enhanced my day. To paraphrase the Beatles, music is all you need :)

Which is why I love the little £12 X-Mi X Mini II portible speaker so much.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
ID. said:
Where's the fun in that?

The fun? It's in the music that can still be enjoyed when you're away from your expensive hifi system at home. Sure the SQ isn't as good but that doesn't stop me from enjoying music elsewhere too.

Sorry, I should've put a winking smiley with my comment to indicate that I was just joking.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
margetti said:
... the music.

I read this yesterday and I thought to myself. .....SO WHAT!!!!!

Lol..... there is no fixed way to 'enjoy' the music you are listening to - why insinuate that there is?

if a man wants to dress in a blonde wig, hi heels and a flowing white gown to enjoy his music is that a problem?

if one wants to tweak, change, adjust will he extract any less joy from what he is listening to?

Like a certain burger seller says - have it your way - whatever floats your boat, its ours to enjoy how we will, there are no rules.

:cheer:

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
margetti said:
... the music.

if a man wants to dress in a blonde wig, hi heels and a flowing white gown to enjoy his music is that a problem?

Might wanna keep that to yourself :shhh:

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
margetti said:
... the music.

Lol..... there is no fixed way to 'enjoy' the music you are listening to - why insinuate that there is?

if one wants to tweak, change, adjust will he extract any less joy from what he is listening to?

Like a certain burger seller says - have it your way - whatever floats your boat, its ours to enjoy how we will, there are no rules.

Well, I think his posting is the perfect antidote, given some recent ill-humoured goings-on...

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Thompsonuxb said:
margetti said:
... the music.

Well, I think his posting is the perfect antidote, given some recent ill-humoured goings-on...

I hear you freddy, but seriously we cannot take anything on the internet too seriously - some live to annoy they'll even go on male dominated sites and pretend to be women and things like that......... a pinch a salt for everyone is all thats needed... ;)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
ID. said:
steve_1979 said:
ID. said:
Where's the fun in that?

The fun? It's in the music that can still be enjoyed when you're away from your expensive hifi system at home. Sure the SQ isn't as good but that doesn't stop me from enjoying music elsewhere too.

Sorry, I should've put a winking smiley with my comment to indicate that I was just joking.

Ahh sorry. The trouble with forums is it's sometimes tricky to guage what tone on voice people would be using when they type a comment. When I read your post I heard it with a serious tone of voice in my head which totally changed the meaning of what you said. :doh: :)

Balderdash

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well said. I enjoy most of my music at the weekend with a beer in hand. I am never sat down carefully listening with a critical ear. I am however aware that better is always available and occasionally i change my equipment. I do enjoy reading about how other people spend their cash and aim for music nirvana.

I enjoy reading the forums and planning my upgrades ( that rarely materialise) - thats the fun for me. I also plan upgrades involving German watches, bespoke titanium road bike frames and handmade shoes amongst other items!

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:

Certainly wasn't my intention to insinuate that at all... quite the opposite in fact! :)

Thompsonuxb said:

Well that is probably indeed my point - if tweaking, changing, adjusting (et al) DOES mean less enjoyment (or arguing unconstructively about it on an internet forum), then perhaps one needs to step back a bit was all I was trying to suggest...

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
margetti said:
... the music.

Probably the most sensible post I've read in a long time... I was down at my aunts the other day, and she was complaining that her transistor radio was faulty (a plastic Philips type). It didn't take long to work out that she had inserted the batteries the wrong way round? Once fixed, the little thing sat there with some unknown female vocalist playing through it, and I found it very enjoyable. People do get caught up in the hobby, and not the music sometimes?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts