just distroyd my hifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
what damaged have i done i email naim last week asking them what type of dim plug i needed to connect a nap140 power to mf Elektra E20 they said 4pin bim into 2 phono leads when i plug the naim in it only work out of one speaker then i plug [/b]

the mf back in only one speaker would work and a hissing noise came out i think what as happen is on the dim plug there is a live on one of the pins and i put one of the live pins through one of the phono into the mf i am waiting for a quote on the mf and i am will gutted that i got the wrong advist does anyone know how much it will cost me

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well yes, Naim power amps do have a power connection to power the company's preamps, which is carried on the same cable as the signal connection from preamp to power amp. Did Naim not suggest a particular cable should be used, or advise you of this fact?

It's clearly indicated in Naim manuals and also on the rear of the products that the DIN connector has four pins - signal left, signal right, negative and 24V+ DC - so if you just bought a generic 4-pin DIN-to-phonos cable, rather than one specifically designed to connect a Naim power amp to a non-Naim preamp, you will have put 24V through the output stage of one channel of your preamp, which will have done it no good at all.

As to the cost of repair, I'm afraid I haven't a clue - you'd have to talk to Musical Fidelity and see what they suggest.

A

Anonymous

Did Naim not suggest a particular cable should be used, or advise you
of
this fact? no they did not i did not have the

Naim manuals [/b]and i did buy a generic 4-pin DIN-to-phonos i put the mf 20 and 30 mf in a tv repair shop i hope they

can fix it

A

Anonymous

got my mf back cost me 65f for the repair they also check the Naim out for me i would like to plug a tv repair shop they have fix 3 thinks for me tv 4 u in cricklewood hope this is a loud

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts