Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The monster E90s are for sale!!!!

"Beam me up Scotty!"

DSCF2835.jpg

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Not at all sure what this post means. Think someone's been on the cider in the bottle bottom left...

I'm pretty sure that this translates to, I love and want these speakers and have been searching all my 15 years for them, and they are finally for sale somewhere (I won't mention where). By the way Hughesy, I've never seen so many photos uploaded in an ad before (they must be in good nick) - they are very ugly though!!

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:(sacrilege alert) I thought they looked like the "realistic" speakers that Tandy used to sell back in the day, with the 15" woofers...

Oh lord! Those were absolutely shocking, sounded like someone had thrown a wet towel in front of them. And they only weighed a few ounces. Realistic my foot!

Gerrardasnails:Andrew Everard:Not at all sure what this post means. Think someone's been on the cider in the bottle bottom left...
I'm pretty sure that this translates to, I love and want these speakers and have been searching all my 15 years for them, and they are finally for sale somewhere (I won't mention where). By the way Hughesy, I've never seen so many photos uploaded in an ad before (they must be in good nick) - they are very ugly though!!

To some they are hideous. To me, absolutely gorgeous, and like Hughes I love the sound they produce. I still have the babies of the range E20. Hearing is believing! Really!

A

Anonymous

Not Realistics - there's an oxymoron - they are Wharfdales.

A

Anonymous

Morning all,

Yep, got it spot on: The speakers I have always wanted! Trust me, these babys rock the house like nothing else! They have a quoted 95db sensitivity, but when tested by Hi-Fi World, they hit 99db with just a watt a metre away! Then you think about their ridiculous power handling which reaches into the 300watts zone and their absolutely pin-point accurate sound, it's no wonder the seller is putting them at £800!

My favourite fact about them is that David Price of HiFi World said that if there was only one pair of speakers on the planet, it would have the be the E90s!

And what is that awful pair of "Realistics"? They are nasty and remind me of the early-70s JBL speakers which were pretty wooly to say the least! Who wants one 15" woofer and a tweeter when you can have two 12" woofers, a mid-range dome, a tweeter and a "super" tweeter with a nice horn-loading system on it??? Not very "Realistic" value...

ps. thankyou for resizing the photo Andrew; I couldn't get photoshop to open so I couldn't resize and then upload to flickr. Cheers!

A

Anonymous

800 pounds
emotion-3.gif
-

I see the e50s you were watching went for 56 quid....was that you ?

A

Anonymous

andyb190:
800 pounds
emotion-3.gif
-

I see the e50s you were watching went for 56 quid....was that you ?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.no.

Sadly I got caught in a traffic jam just before the end so I couldn't bid...I was gutted. [;(]

Also, I don't have £800 available, but if Rick Wakeman was willing to give me back all of the money on the CDs and LPs of YES I have bought over the years and all the posters, and T-shirts and stickers and concerts for good appreciation of his music, then they'd be mine within five minutes!

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:

Sadly I got caught in a traffic jam just before the end so I couldn't bid...I was gutted. [;(]

Never heard of sniping ?

Hughes123:

Also, I don't have £800 available, but if Rick Wakeman was willing to give me back all of the money on the CDs and LPs of YES I have bought over the years and all the posters, and T-shirts and stickers and concerts for good appreciation of his music, then they'd be mine within five minutes!

With nothing to listen to on them. Mmmmmmmm

A

Anonymous

andyb190:Hughes123:

Never heard of sniping ?

Hughes123:

With nothing to listen to on them. Mmmmmmmm

No I'd still have the CDs, just I want the money I paid for them back...fair deal....
emotion-5.gif

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Don't tell Hughes123 about the E70's that have just appeared. With some sniping software he could have owned a full set!I quite like the teak/black & chrome look of these & other speakers from this era but not at the wharfedale prices!

A

Anonymous

It's this forum - it's making everyone sell their Es!!! Also, I bet it's cranking the prices up...I'm getting those E70s and there is NOTHING anyone can do to stop me!!! I have sniping software anyway, so that's a bonus!

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:I'm getting those E70s and there is NOTHING anyone can do to stop me!!! I

What if I hide your piggy bank ?

Hughes123:It's this forum - it's making everyone sell their Es!!! Also, I bet it's cranking the prices up...I'm getting those E70s and there is NOTHING anyone can do to stop me!!! I have sniping software anyway, so that's a bonus!

I'm not selling mine. . .

T

the record spot

Hughes123:

Over the years? Did they pipe the music into the womb or something...?!

TRENDING THREADS