Just bought another 4K Blu ray player!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

This time back to the Samsung 4K Blu Ray player, it was on offer in John Lewis a used one and I wanted to try some more settings, this time so far I am finding it better than the first time. Got The Martian and Scorio or something like that. This time I am using vivid and HDR bright picture setting and enjoying it more. For some reason this time you seem to have more picture settings - perhaps a firmware update? Anyway back to recommending 4K again.
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
This time back to the Samsung 4K Blu Ray player, it was on offer in John Lewis a used one and I wanted to try some more settings, this time so far I am finding it better than the first time. Got The Martian and Scorio or something like that. This time I am using vivid and HDR bright picture setting and enjoying it more. For some reason this time you seem to have more picture settings - perhaps a firmware update? Anyway back to recommending 4K again.
Yep, so I have got it on vivid picture setting for 4K HDR, what do you reckon to this? Cheers.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
gel said:
Yep, so I have got it on vivid picture setting for 4K HDR, what do you reckon to this? Cheers.

Was that question to yourself? *biggrin* did you exhaust the options on the panny, just wondering if your poor experiences so far have been as a result of some sub-optimal settings?

D

Deleted member 2457

Feral said:
gel said:
gel said:

Was that question to yourself? *biggrin* did you exhaust the options on the panny, just wondering if your poor experiences so far have been as a result of some sub-optimal settings?
Could well be. I suppose I need to get my TV calibrated really. I am now watching on HDR effect high picture setting, I got tired of the vivid settings quickly. I mean the picture quality looks quite good. The blacks are really black and it's nice and bright. I can't exactly compare it side by side to Blu Ray, so I will just have to take everyone's word for it.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
you need to select the user setting on the player and set everything to 0, for the most realistic image. use whatever setting you like on the tv, i don't know what lg's setting are like but the equivalent to movie on my samsung works best.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
you need to select the user setting on the player and set everything to 0, for the most realistic image. use whatever setting you like on the tv, i don't know what lg's setting are like but the equivalent to movie on my samsung works best.
Cheers! I like this setting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts