Just bought a Cyrus 8VS2 - Speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Being a bit test happy currently as I picked up a Musical Fidelity XA-2 today and have had it on all day

Sounds very good indeed with music to the B&W 684's via my Apple TV2/DAC but overall it's not cutting the mustard (bass isn't deep/punchy enough and overall it's a little too smooth)

Ive bought a Cyrus 8VS2 this evening and wanted to see what opinions would be re standmount speakers as I'll be selling the 684's as in all honesty they're a bit big for the living room

My list so far is:

KEF R100's

b&W 685's or CM1's

Monitor Audio RX 1's or 2's

Ideally budget needs to be max £500 and they need to have solid, dep & punchy bass as well as a detailed midrange/treble and no unruly highs

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i used my dynaudio 52se's with an 8vs2 (with a psxr) and they sounded great together, the only caveat tho being they sounded better at mid and high volumes but a bit lifeless in the mid range at low volumes. i'd guess the dynaudio exite standmounts or the dm range would fair better in this respect so dont discount either.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that

Unfortunately no one seems to do Dynaudio near to where I live.

Does anyone have thoughts re the QUAD 12L2's or even the 21L2's?

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i did demo the cm1's with my 8vs2 and i can only describe it as very lively bordering on fatiguing. i think you need something a bit more laid back for that cyrus amp as its presentation is a little forward. adding a psxr at a later date if you can afford it fills the sound out a bit so maybe bare that in mind when you decide what to buy. its a tough budget and ive only ever heard the ma rx1&2's with marantz amps but i was impressed. only heard the quads briefly once on the end of some expensive sudgen gear and it sounded good but i believe they are a little bit forward sounding also.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Any other suggestions in regards to speakers to match with the Cyrus 8vs2 amp?

Im hopefully going to be able to have a home demo of the KEF R100's later this week or early next week so will report back on those

Does anyone have any experience of the Cyrus amp with the likes of the B&W 685's or Monitor Audio RX1's/2's?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have any thoughts on how some Dynaudio Focus 110's would match with the Cyrus 8vs2?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Dynaudio usually works well with Cyrus, but stay away from the 12 o'clock position on the 8vs2 - the 4ohm Dynaudios usually ends up asking a little more than the integrated Cyrus amps are able give...

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Nad_fanatic said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on how some Dynaudio Focus 110's would match with the Cyrus 8vs2?

Even the Cyrus 8XP i had last year was not really able to drive my Dynaudio Focus 110 properly.

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
The Focal 806v's work very well with my 8vs2. I also auditioned the Quad 11L and B&W CM1 and 1 other I can't recall. These sounded far superior to me.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies re the Dynaudio 110's - ill hold off bidding on them for now then.

Renthe Focals; thanks for the advice. I've heard these before and felt they didn't kick deep enough and we a little smooth but that may have just been the amp and source...

Any other suggestions?

What about the likes of the Monitor Audio GX50's etc... Seen a few sets ex-demo and they look very tempting!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts