Just a display please!!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
No idea what happened there!! So again, Hi all long time no posting. Thinking of replacing my 42" TV for something around 47-50". Only want a display, not interested in 3d or tinternet connectivity blah blah blah, just want the best picture possible (projector not an option) Any ideas?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks PP will look into that one. Unemployment, then re employment and furious working to settle the debts (because I got squat from the state despite paying tax and NI for over twenty years without fail), meant I had little time and or inclination to frequent the forum.

Hopefully now Im back :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
True Blue said:
Thanks PP will look into that one. Unemployment, then re employment and furious working to settle the debts (because I got squat from the state despite paying tax and NI for over twenty years without fail), meant I had little time and or inclination to frequent the forum.

Hopefully now Im back :)

Welcome back sir.

I think Andrew Everard recently pointed out - in a similar thread - that display only monitors tend to be very expensive as they are built to standards required in industry/commerce rather than the home. (I can vouch for that. Our old 40" plasma at work endured 12 years of 24x7 use and abuse before it was carted off (still working I should add) and replaced with a more energy efficient LED panel.

Paul.

Non 3D TVs tend to have lower motion rates than 3D TVs, you need to go right to the bottom of most TV ranges to find something without 3D these days so it may be wise to strike off that restriction.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Can you still buy a lcd tv nowadays, i looked on samsungs website recently & all they do is plasma & led so it looks like they have stopped doing lcd i presume other manufactures are doing the same.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
True Blue said:
Budget not sure less than 1200 GBP though. Preference either plasma or LED.

If I had £1250 and wanted the best 50" tv possible I would by a panasonic 50gt60 from here / price matched to here: http://search.directtvs.co.uk/nav/screensize/5000in/type/tvs/br/panasonic/0

Or the 50ST60 for £930.

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Reading the thread with interest, i plan to buy the panasonic tv mentioned, however although i regularly see price match i dont really understand it, who for example would price match and how would i do this?

thanks in advance

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Your main price match options would be John Lewis and Richer Sounds, because most people have a local one and they have excellent customer service. Just show them where the product is available for that price.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Check John Lewis and Richer Sounds websites for information on price matching.

Basically though, it's asking the shop you want to buy from, to match the price of another shop.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Welcome back True Blue, nice to have you back.

New Pana plasmas (GT60/VT65) look like the best options, though Samsung are pushing them on the LED front.

You'll get 3D etc etc, even if you don't need, or want it.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
5 year warranty with in store purchase for panasonic. JL have conditions that the TV should be available locally, although this is applied inconsistently, and RS state deal must be like for like.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Many a Panasonic come with different problems... take a look at the TV a few of us have : Samsung PS51E6500... it's a WOW TV.

See here : http://www.beyondtelevision.co.uk/HOME/Product-Detail/Samsung-PS51E6500EUXXU---Series-6--51-3D-Full-HD-1080p-Plasma-Television-with-Freeview-HD_PS51E6500.htm?source=aw&source=aw&awc=2555_1366929118_2090b6903f5afc96a8be40bf7fcd4c50

This is a Great price given that this quite amazing TV is selling for a few hundred pounds over the One Thousand mark elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts