Jumpers for my NAD C355BEE amp

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I know you can get these from the likes of Russ Andrews at £44 BUT can the same priced or maybe lower priced standard 0.5m stereo interconnects be used instead (i.e Chord Crimson interconnect)? Ta [;)]

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No reason at all why not. Or you could ask Audioquest's UK distributor The Multiroom Company about these, which sell for about $30 in the States.

preamp_jumper.jpg

A

Anonymous

hmmm , might get some of them when i get my cd player and stereo amp , do they just plug into the speakers ?

A

Anonymous

ah , interconnects , i see , from av receiver to stereo amp to cd player ?

A

Anonymous

ear:no.from pre-out on the amp to main-in on the amp.ok , got it now
emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
MattSPL:So am i right in thinking that the Nad amp(or other) will sound better using its pre out's into its power input's, rather than its internal wiring?

Some amps, such as NAD models, don't have internal pre/power wiring - just the external jumpers.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
No reason at all why not. Or you could ask Audioquest's UK distributor The Multiroom Company about these, which sell for about $30 in the States.

preamp_jumper.jpg

Cheers Mr E

Seen these on eBay so just ordered me some; I'll let you know the differences when they land
emotion-1.gif

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
MattSPL:So am i right in thinking that the Nad amp(or other) will sound better using its pre out's into its power input's, rather than its internal wiring?

Some amps, such as NAD models, don't have internal pre/power wiring - just the external jumpers.

I seem to remember a friends old Trio amp had the external ones come to think of it.

MattSPL:Andrew Everard:

I seem to remember a friends old Trio amp had the external ones come to think of it.

Hi Matt

Yes Trio amps did have external jumpers. Talking of Trio i think they made some superb equipment such as the HD Series which were mini sized components and included a turntable, tuner, two amplifiers, cdp and a tape deck. These could be bought individually and were produced in mid-late eightes. Well built, featured and excellent performing components.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts