jolida tube amps

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello everyone, anyone know where you can get or here these amps, there isn't much on the net about them. thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure where they're available in the UK...

Raypalmer has one and loves it...I'm sure he'll have some info for ya when he sees this post.

A

Anonymous

My ears perked up when I saw this.

A cursory google tells me that there is an awful lot of Jolida counterfeiting going on. Jolida is a kinda-sorta American Company. The kit is manufactured in China with final assembly in Maryland. The critical bits are american made, and the transformers have german steel which apparently is good... The thing is whether they manufacture a 220v version for Europe. One would think that is the case. I can say they've been on my radar here in N.America for a few years now, the initial gear wasn't too hot really, but they surged in quality culminating with the line they offer now, my local Naim/Musical Fidelity/YBA dealer carries them and I trust his opinion. Reviews are pretty much favourable all around, I think a simplistic design ethic coupled with (good quality) chinese labour make these such cracking good machines for the money.

As for UK availability... If I were you I'd go to jolida.com and email them, they'll let you know if there are authorized dealers. I wouldn't go in for anything not endorsed owing to the seemingly rampant knockoffs.

Oh and the sound, almost forgot. I've only dabbled with the 302 and 502. The former is an el44 based 50 per side affair and the latter a kt88 60 per side, otherwise their essentially the same. I found the 502 more rock and rolly, it's got more bass but you need really bassy speakers to notice. My rainmakers are bassy for standmounts and I couldn't find a difference in bass intensity. (it's better than Naim on both amps) The 302 is more detailed, tighter bass control, really astonishing imaging. The 502 was more intense, didn't have the timing or detail but brought more "tubeyness" to the game, super-emotional I thought. In the end I think the 302 is a better arrangement for 100bucks less. Vocals seem the most real and human on this amp, I can't say I've heard anything that could recreate the experience of having someone actually in the room talking or singing as much as this thing.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="raypalmer"]I can't say I've heard anything that could recreate the experience of having someone actually in the room talking or singing as much as this thing.[/quote]
Sounds like my experience of the Unison Research S2 single-ended 10W valve amp. Superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts