James Bond censored on BluRay?

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi gang! i've just bought the third box set of 007 films on BluRay (brilliant quality!) and noticed a very strange edit. Around the 21 minute mark on The World Is Not Enough, our hero dons a pair of x-ray spex that he picks up from Q's workshop. I seem to remember that when I saw the film on the cinema, he turns around to look at a pretty blonde worker and we "see" what she is wearing under her labcoat, in a sort of ultraviolet effect. I checked the same scene using my American region one NTSC DVD version and the same edit is there. So what's the deal, did I just imagine the scene all those years ago or has it been cut for some strange reason? I also seem to remember "Q" explaining what the glasses do and that is also gone . . . . Hmmmm! Can anyone confirm this or am I going slowly nuts here? By the way, I hope you all noticed the gaff when Bond is in the jet boat, approaching the balloon in the opening sequence. The boat has a canopy over his head right until 007 leaps out of the craft and onto the ropes of the balloon. The canopy has magically vanished on the wide shot.

A

Anonymous

I recently rented the series from LoveFilm, and it was all proper. Could just be your particular discs.

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Tonya:By the way, I hope you all noticed the gaff when Bond is in the jet boat, approaching the balloon in the opening sequence. The boat has a canopy over his head right until 007 leaps out of the craft and onto the ropes of the balloon. The canopy has magically vanished on the wide shot.

The one that sticks out the most for me in that chase is when Bond fires two rockets at the boat. In the first shot the top rocket is fired first. Then, inexplicably, in the next shot the bottom rocket has already been fired, and now the top one is being fired.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Tonya:Hi gang! i've just bought the third box set of 007 films on BluRay (brilliant quality!) and noticed a very strange edit. Around the 21 minute mark on The World Is Not Enough, our hero dons a pair of x-ray spex that he picks up from Q's workshop. I seem to remember that when I saw the film on the cinema, he turns around to look at a pretty blonde worker and we "see" what she is wearing under her labcoat, in a sort of ultraviolet effect. I checked the same scene using my American region one NTSC DVD version and the same edit is there. So what's the deal, did I just imagine the scene all those years ago or has it been cut for some strange reason? I also seem to remember "Q" explaining what the glasses do and that is also gone . . . . Hmmmm! Can anyone confirm this or am I going slowly nuts here? By the way, I hope you all noticed the gaff when Bond is in the jet boat, approaching the balloon in the opening sequence. The boat has a canopy over his head right until 007 leaps out of the craft and onto the ropes of the balloon. The canopy has magically vanished on the wide shot.

From my memory,you are correct about the x-ray view.- but if you have the US version it probably would be censored.You can wave a gun at anyone over there ,but wo betide if you flash your parts at anyone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts