j river media 20

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone used the analyze audio feature on r jriver?
Im gonna set it up later as some cds are so quiet sounding.
RHCP mothers milk and SP mellon collie and the infinite sadness 2 examples

Any advice or tips welcome

Cheers

SteveR750

Yes, but I prefer to leave them at the original volume, as I rarely use playlists from my CD collection (use Spotify for that). If you are brave enough you could try the room correction, but careful you don't fry your speakers!

Oie

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I use it all the time.

i find it helpful when I play playlist or when I play two or three consecutive albums using the volume levelling feature.

it also helps me when I play films late in the night using the adaptative volume set to night mode. Great to be able to listen to the dialogues without disturbing the neighbours.

regards

Oie

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it seems more an evolution than a revolution.

But it feels well priced for the amount of joy it gives me so happy to pay to support them.

It looks as if now they are more focused on the TV area than on the audio side. But I don't know how much they can develop the audio side from where they are.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine is version 20 and as default was set to do it automatically but when i select volume level etc it brings all the cds down too much so ill stick to normal and just turn the odd few up.

My next problem is its ripping my cds to ape instead of flac. I never told it to. Anyway will fiddle tomorrow

Oie

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
There is a very interesting feature which allows you to create different zones. Each of these can be set individually so let's say you want to listen to a single album, you can create an specific zone without volume levelling etc. You can have another zone for playlist with volume level, another for films with night mode, etc.

It gets better because you can set the program to activate these zones automatically. In my case I have three zones: one for the music, other for the sacd files and another for the video. Once I choose a file the program automatically switch to the appropriate zone with the particular settings.

Oie

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Abrahamsen

I am pleased.

It sounds very good in my room, with the rest of my equipment and the music I listen to (mainly Jazz and Classical).

I don't listen normally very loud to music but I find that under "normal" volumes the detail, instruments separation, sound stage and "weight" of the music are great. The music sounds natural and I find the whole experience very enjoyable.

Unfortunately , I don't know what it's down to the amp, the speakers or the dac. I only know they work well together. At least to me :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Got a fright yesterday morning listening to music files then all of a sudden i noticed the sound. Something was wrong it sounded compressed or noisy like the pc taking over dac duties but still being amplified by the hegel. Now this in my knowledge is impossible as its a usb into the hegel. Anyway fiddled on jriver only to find that u der the audio settings my hegel using wasapi had been unchecked and was using a different selection. When i checked it back the sound immediatly improved again.

I would have thought this was not possible as it all goes through the hegel dac. So it must have been the quality of the files????? Anyway has anyone else had this happen?

SteveR750

No. The configuration is device dependent, so when I plug the hegel in, it automatically switches to the sp/dif output mode, which is configured to WASAPI. If I plug in the dac xs, it switches to the CA USB driver, which is configured differently. I've never had them change uncommanded

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
No. The configuration is device dependent, so when I plug the hegel in, it automatically switches to the sp/dif output mode, which is configured to WASAPI. If I plug in the dac xs, it switches to the CA USB driver, which is configured differently. I've never had them change uncommanded

All good now. I had to reinstall windows 10. So might have had something to do with it as when i ripped it ripped to ape instead of my normal flac. Panic over thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts