Issues Burning a CD from iTunes (PC).

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I have been trying to make a CD I can use when i go for Demo's All of my music is in ALAC and I thought the easiest thing to do would make a playlist with a few songs and use iTunes to Burn a Disc.

I an assuming that this is possible and it seems to do it but whenever I place the disc in to my CD player it just says ERROR.

Am I missing something here?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Should just be a case of creating a playlist, then right clicking and choosing Burn Playlist to Disc, then choosing Audio CD and then inserting the CD when prompted.

Have you tried a different blank CD?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
That is exactly what i have done.

2 Different Blanks So Far, they are both larger size ones though 700 & 800MB Respectively, not sure if this is causing an issue with my old Marantz.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Worth having a look at the disc on your computer to see what format the tracks are in, checking whether the disc is finalised as an audio CD, and above all checking whether the player you have is able to play CD-R/RW discs, which tend to be less reflective than 'pressed' CDs, and can thus cause some players reading problems.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Popped one in to my Laptop says it is an Audio CD.

Type = CD Drive, File System = CDFS.

My Player definatley does play CDR's I have used them before and pretty sure they are the 700 MB ones? May Have another go tonight, make sure there is under and Hour of audio selected.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Did not check the file format, pretty sure it was not ALAC as it played in one of the head units I had on my desk and I am were they do not support ALAC.

Will try burning another one later and at 1 or 2x speed also see if that makes a difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts