Is This Strange

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Put on the cdp, put on the amp, forgot to switch on the pre-amp, pressed play and i can very faintly hear music if i put my ear up close to the speaker. Is this a common thing to happen or have i got a ghost in my pr-amp. Thanks JJ

scene

Your pre-amp is passing through the signal from your CDP to the power amp, if there's a circuit there. As CD output is fairly chunky (in relative terms), there's enough for a good power amp to amplify - and it does, albeit to a very faint level.<br>

I can't test this, as I've only got an integrated amp, but I can see why it's happening electrically/electronicallly :glasses:

A

Anonymous

If you imagine a passive pre-amp, all it is, is a volume control with different inputs. But it can't amplify the signal, so a passive pre-amp at full volume is basically you running at full power, since it can't amplify the signal, only make it smaller.

A powered pre-amp (at least, one form of them) only uses the mains to add some current to the output stage incase your cd player doesnt have the current to drive the power amps input stage.

If you put your CD Player into your power amp, you would need new trousers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts