Is the Sony STR-DG820 the best AV Receiver for less than £300?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been looking at this for a while and can now get it for £229 @ Play.com. Would anyone suggest any other receivers at this price point?

I currently have Panasonic TH42PZ70, Sky HD.

Any input would be much appreciated. 

A

Anonymous

Do you mean less than £300, or less than £230?

If as the title suggests, then as Dave says above

A

Anonymous

Read on this forum couple of days ago that someone picked up an Onkyo 606 from Richersounds for £285.

A

Anonymous

What are the benefits of these receivers over the Sony? If its upscaling doesn't the TV cater for this anyway? Are these other receivers simply better in terms of audio quality?ÿ

I'm looking to get a full HD Audio spec receiver on a tight budget, with 2 HDMI/2 Optical (7.1 not essential). ÿ

Originally set my mind on the Onkyo 505/506 but then Sony 820 was released with HD Audio support etc which started me thinking about future proofing.ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Would the 606 be a better choice than the 820? (for music AND movie/surround usage)

A

Anonymous

Richer Sounds also have the Sony for £229.95. If you have a local one, you might be able to get them to discount a little further.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Professor.

Next question (to anyone really): would the 606 be a good amp to drive a pair of Monitor Audio Studio 10 speakers? (which I now am the proud owner of)

Following question: Is the Studio 10s (for music in stereo) and the Jamo A102 (for movie/surround) be a good choice/match for the amp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts