Is the Samsung UE55B7020 as good as UE46B8000?

A

Anonymous

clouding , a few reviews ive read have found it on the 55b7020 , and theres been a few posts on here about it , one owner was very dissapointed with his one .. it seems with the larger screen , the led lighting has to work harder to illuminate it ,and light seepage (clouding , backlight bleed ) can occur . im not putting you off it , but thats what ive read , id check it out before buying , maybe get a return guarantee ?

A

Anonymous

I sent my 55B7000 ( same as 7020 , 7000 is a Dixons model) back after two days for two reasons. The clouding was dreadful with 5 distinct patches across the screen, the picture quality varied quite a lot if you moved more than about 6 inches side to side, and I found it impossible to have an average picture setting that covered all types of programmes ( OK three reasons)

It was dark movies that showed up the problems most, just before it went back I watched a BBC kids TV programme on the HD channel and it looked magnificent but it was a bright shiny colourful production. I havent looked at the 8000 because they don't do a 55inch but I would advise checking it out quickly if you buy it as the 7000 series sets seem to vary from set to set from what I have read. I am waiting to check out the 8500 series which may or may not come to the UK, but I am sure within 6 months there will be something better on the market.

Its really annoying that I cant find the ideal set but I am going to wait a bit longer.

I upsized from an older Tevion 46 inch to the 55 inch ( for two days!) and it was no taller, just a bit wider either side , looked fantastic and my wife and I both loved the extra inches, if you get my drift.

A

Anonymous

barrywi:

I sent my 55B7000 ( same as 7020 , 7000 is a Dixons model) back after two days for two reasons. The clouding was dreadful with 5 distinct patches across the screen, the picture quality varied quite a lot if you moved more than about 6 inches side to side, and I found it impossible to have an average picture setting that covered all types of programmes ( OK three reasons)

It was dark movies that showed up the problems most, just before it went back I watched a BBC kids TV programme on the HD channel and it looked magnificent but it was a bright shiny colourful production. I havent looked at the 8000 because they don't do a 55inch but I would advise checking it out quickly if you buy it as the 7000 series sets seem to vary from set to set from what I have read. I am waiting to check out the 8500 series which may or may not come to the UK, but I am sure within 6 months there will be something better on the market.

Its really annoying that I cant find the ideal set but I am going to wait a bit longer.

I upsized from an older Tevion 46 inch to the 55 inch ( for two days!) and it was no taller, just a bit wider either side , looked fantastic and my wife and I both loved the extra inches, if you get my drift.

Thanks for the advice, although I think sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. When the 8500 range appears there will probably be something better again on the horizon...
emotion-7.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts