Is the Epson EH-TW7200 worth the upgrade from TW6100

aslimd

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Really stuck here. I have Epson TW6100w which is set up in Lounge with dark wood panelling which has been perfect for projector veiwing as ambient light is relitivley low. Also I have set up in way that there no virtually adjustments e.g. keystoning other than focus from 4.4m away from lens to 100inch Saphire screen. I use projector purley for blu-ray watching off my Oppo 93.

My question is with no need for lens shift etc and upgrade cositng me some £550 extra will I 'really' appreciate the well reviewed TW7200 in terms of value as feels a lot of money. Also looking at the 2015 line up does the TW7200 now replace the TW6100 or will this range continue?

Any help will be great.

varsas

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I *think* the 6600 is the replacement for the 6100...but the 6100 (which I also have) is still on sale so I'm not sure.

I think it depends why you are upgrading...what do you want to be better? For me the 6100 suffers from two things...poor black levels and poor motion quality. I'm sure I read that this years models have motion interpolation which I'd hope would help, and I assume black levels have been improved but I don't know. I'd be very interested in seeing one. I'm also very interested in the Sony VPL40ES, which is supposed to have good black levels and motion as well as everything else. I think I'd have to demo one of those before I chose anything else.

I'm also curious to see what Epson have up their sleeve for 2015, hopefully we'll find out next month at CES 2015...a native 4k LCD projector for £2k ish would be very tempting...what about their new laser technology, will that filter down to their consumer models and how much difference does it actually make? I'm also expecting some 4k DLP models now that the lisencing isn't a problem...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts