Is the Denon D-F102 worth the money? or is there something better?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I want to buy a new mini/micro/small sound system. I already have some wharfedale 9.1s and want to get the main part now. I was wondering what to get. I'm interested in the denon d-f102 but heard that the sound isn't that great especially around max volume. Plus its a bit pricey for a chunk of metal.

Is there anything better for around the same price?

Please help me out.

Anything, even a reply would be good.

Also, I hope I posted this in the right place, sorry if I haven't.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The Onkyo 515 seems to be the favourite at £300 or so. Can you stretch to an Arcam Solo Mini at £600? Money well spent.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Yeah they seem to be at the top at the moment, the arcam solo mini. Bit too much though unless I'm just being naiive.

Has anyone found the arcam solo mini for a little less? its probably worth the money, I mean they're packed a lot into that little bos haven't they?

Also, whats the denon f101 like?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
cai:
Yeah they seem to be at the top at the moment, the arcam solo mini. Bit too much though unless I'm just being naiive.

Has anyone found the arcam solo mini for a little less? its probably worth the money, I mean they're packed a lot into that little bos haven't they?

ÿ

I haven't heard it, but having an all Arcam system I can imagine they have done a good job, and by all accounts it's had rave reviews. Depends on how long you want to keep it for. Over 5 years an extra couple of hundred quid will add up to less than a pound ÿper week. In my opinion it's worth every penny if you get a proper music system like the mini rather than a compromise. Then there's the sell on value and I would imagine you would get all of that back as the Denon will be worth very little.

A

Anonymous

I agree on the re-selling thing. The denon probably will lose a lot of money. I just don't know wether it's actually worth all the money. For future use, can the Arcam Solo Mini be connected to a seperate amplifier? or was that a noobish thing to say? (oops)

Would buying a complete hi-fi, seperates and all, be better? I had a look at the "Budget Buys" info on this site and the Marantz set up looks pretty good.

Any thoughts on a simple all-rounder hi-fi set up which is quite compact? (as I'll be taking it to university you see, which doesn't mean I'm going to be worrying about theft).

A

Anonymous

*Sigh* ok. I was looking at the Denon receivers, they look quite good. But they're a bit...wide.

Are there any good seperate systems which are less than 400mm wide??

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
Jesus would buy the Arcam.

In fact he wouldn't as his dad made it.

Feeling ok?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Right, sorry for being such a pain. You probably get topics like this all the time.

So far I've narrowed it down to the following seperates, unless you know of better ones equally priced?

Marantz PM6002----Marantz CD6002

Marantz PM7001----Marantz CD6002

Arcam DiVA A70----Arcam DiVA CD73T

Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE----Cambridge Audio Azur 540C V2

NB: I paired them up with their brand equals for dimensions.

What do you think?

A

Anonymous

cai:
Right, sorry for being such a pain. You probably get topics like this all the time.

So far I've narrowed it down to the following seperates, unless you know of better ones equally priced?

Marantz PM6002----Marantz CD6002

Marantz PM7001----Marantz CD6002

Arcam DiVA A70----Arcam DiVA CD73T

Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE----Cambridge Audio Azur 540C V2

NB: I paired them up with their brand equals for dimensions.

What do you think?

Actually, I do think you could get a decent system based on the arcam solo mini. Apparently it's got enough power to drive a rega R3. Forum member chebby has them both.
Only way to decide is with your own ears and eyes. Set a budget and compare the options- seperates versus arcam solo mini for example.

A

Anonymous

Right, ok, I'm not going to bother getting seperates because I don't like the thought of lugging them around university and flats etc.

So I've narrowed it down to the Arcam Solo Mini for quality or the Onkyo CR-715 for budget price and power.

What do people think?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts