Is ONKYO A9010 the right choice for Dali Ikon 2 Mk2 or ???

Alextraz

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I would be happy if you give me some advice here. Is this receiver capable of driving the Dali Ikon 2 Mk2. I will be using the system only with 2 speakers and I will be using it both for music and movies. I know that in terms of connectivity AV receiver will be a better choise but somehow I feel that a simpler audio receiver will give me more "music". Additiolly, I am planning to buy a dac (rDAC Arcam maybe) in order to improve the connectivity. The other option that I considering is the marantz 6005 but it is more expesive.

Thanks in advance

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

As far as know the Onkyo A9010 is a stereo amplifier not a receiver. Although in other countries it has a DAC so you wouldn't need an extra DAC. I think it would be capable of driving the Dali's but would depend on the volume you listen at and room size etc. For example my Dali's are fine with a 40w amp but Dali recommends at least 30w - 150w amp for the Ikon 2 mk2 even though they are more sensitive than mine so a long as you were not listening too high a volume you would be fine.

The Marantz PM7005 or PM8005 would have more power and be more suitable for the speakers you mention. Denon would be worth looking at as well as Nad or Pioneer's more powerful offereings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts