Is it worth buying Atabites?

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I've just ordered Atacama MOSECO 6 speaker stands for my Tannoy Revolution DC6 SE bookshelf speakers. I notice that some people recommend filling with Atabites for better bass and stability. As a tub of Atabites is nearly £30 I was wondering if it's worth the money or would a cheaper alternative such as kiln dried sand be as good? Also some people say use isolation gel pads and others say Blu Tack works fine.

Myers

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought a pair of Custom Design speaker stands last year used, that were mint & were already filled with Atabites, they also had Atacama gel pads on the top, I've always used Blu-Tac for years though but tried them first with the gel pads in place & after a few days decided to remove them & just use Blu-Tac as I never considered there would be any difference - However the difference was huge they sounded much, much better with the gel pads in place & I quickly returned the gel pads & the speakers showed a vast improvement again in almost all areas.

I would never have dreamed of actually buying gel pads but in my system the difference was marked to a degree I wouldn't have thought possible. The speakers were MA Silver 2's which are quite large for a stand mount & can have a tendency to lose bass control if not very firmly mounted but in future I will always try gel pads with stand mount speakers.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
i used atabites and noticed a difference from unfilled speaker stands. also v easy and clean to use. suspect it will weigh them down better than sand or cat litter

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to buy the Atabites. The deciding factor is not improved bass or sonic improvement but it will be heavier than sand or cat litter. My Golden Retriever has a very waggly tail and may well knock the speaker stands over.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts