Is it possible to connect a Home Cinema Amplifier to a normal Amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering if it is possible to connect a Sony STR-DA 1200ES to a Roksan Kandy Amp so that the Kandy Amp drives the front left and right speakers instead of the Sony Amp so eliminating the need for a speaker switching box or me swapping the cables over in the speakers when I want to change from Stereo to home cinema. I am trying to eliminate unnecessary speakers/cables

John Duncan

indeed it is - I gave some instructions here for a Yamaha, but the principle is the same for your Sony. I think I had this discussion with somebody else who had the Sony, let me have a dig.

(edit) Aha - yes, long discussion here. Sadly, we couldn't get this to work, though it seemed to be an issue with the Creek rather than the Sony. Let us know how you get on, it might resolve it once and for all!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
It was me John - how can you forget that palaver!?! stereo interconnect from pre out left and right on the Sony to stereo amp input (anyone). Then turn your amp up to about 12 oclock and do a calibration. Job done. Just always have the same volume when you use the receiver and amp together. Luckily my amp has a fixed input so it cannot be changed.

John Duncan

Oh I remembered the palaver, but didn't remember it was yours that was the Sony. Actually, I wonder if the Kandy has a fixed level AV input for this very purpose............will have a look. (edit - apparently not).

A

Anonymous

from reading all the info are we guessing it will work or is it a suck it and see it might work - could be a fussy Sony amp - wouldn't be the first time. if i turn the volume up on my sony will that alter the volume of the fronts or will i have to turn this up on the amp and then re sound test. Any other ideas - system replacements? Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It will work with your amp. And once you have set the volume on the stereo amp, you just have to remember to set it to that position when you play movies, and then all the volume control is done via the receiver.

A

Anonymous

Cheers everyone - seems a simple solution and will allow me to remove a few speakers - streamline my room a a little.

A

Anonymous

I have Sony STRDA 5200ES hooked up through my Kandy via method posted by AE (assuming thats via the pre amp?) and works a treat. No probs for me whatsoever. I also have a Logitech Harmony remote which eliminates the annoying remote swapping!

A

Anonymous

how do i connect my sony TA-FB730R amplifier to my sony STR-DB1070 reciever? i know about the pre outs on the reciever but

which inputs do i use on the amp, i also use an eq, thanx

A

Anonymous

those links go nowhere .. shame , i could use em
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

the nad is fantastic , but i get no sound now through the fronts when watching movies , in the nad manual , it says i should connect the yam to the "video" option on the nad , but then the speakers are not recognised by the yam , its doing my head in ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts