Is it just me?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Or is On and On by Jack Johnson a good album?
A nice respite from other good albums like several of the Back to Mine Series, most notably Everything but the Girl and Adam Freeland.

Mr Duncan and Mr Srivastava you'd like this on your respective systems

A

Anonymous

It is quite good isn't it? I have his first three albums, sort of turned off by the new stuff.

A

Anonymous

Well Mr Simister..........your enthusing should not go un-noticed, and on your recommendation I will have to check it out ;) I think you should add MJ Cole to your "Back to Mine" list at some stage.... ;)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="SamS"]Well Mr Simister..........your enthusing should not go un-noticed, and on your recommendation I will have to check it out ;) I think you should add MJ Cole to your "Back to Mine" list at some stage.... ;)[/quote]

Yes very much so!!!

And the Danny Rampling (or is it Danny Tenaglia) ive forgotten. The Faithless Back to Mine is also very good. MJ Cole is my favourite though.

My girlfriends go the Jack Johnson one, its ok but somehow it doesnt win me over.

I recently got Timbalands - Shock Value and thats a damn good CD, not really something i'd go out and buy but there are a couple of songs on that i really liked so went and got it.

I can always happily reccomend Hed Kandi as well. They 'do' fantastic music and if you're into soulful beats or soulful house, you cant go wrong!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"][quote user="SamS"]Well Mr Simister..........your enthusing should not go un-noticed, and on your recommendation I will have to check it out ;) I think you should add MJ Cole to your "Back to Mine" list at some stage.... ;)[/quote] Yes very much so!!!

And the Danny Rampling (or is it Danny Tenaglia) ive forgotten. The Faithless Back to Mine is also very good. MJ Cole is my favourite though.
My girlfriends go the Jack Johnson one, its ok but somehow it doesnt win me over.
I recently got Timbalands - Shock Value and thats a damn good CD, not really something i'd go out and buy but there are a couple of songs on that i really liked so went and got it.
I can always happily reccomend Hed Kandi as well. They 'do' fantastic music and if you're into soulful beats or soulful house, you cant go wrong![/quote]

Have you boys listened to the Mark Ronson album? Aside from the overplayed Amy Winehouse track, the album is awesome and makes any system sound truely amazing.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]I can always happily reccomend Hed Kandi as well. They 'do' fantastic music and if you're into soulful beats or soulful house, you cant go wrong![/quote] I have the Winter Chill and Deeper compilations from a few years back 2003 i think and they are great. Not sure what the current stuff is like. Do you know if they still do the late night friday or sat show on jazz fm?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love the Back to Mine series loads. They all seem to be good and have a good few of them.

Andrew, by audiophile I just meant it sounded great and the guitar/voice really sings in my system if you'll forgive the pun.

A

Anonymous

Dont know about the audiophile nature of the said album but I have a copy of "In Between Dreams" by Jack Johnson and I really love it. Very soothing and relaxing album for a lazy sunday afternoon.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="unleash_me"]"In Between Dreams" by Jack Johnson[/quote]

Is it just me or isn't this man's music the blandest, most inoffensively offensive soulless cack committed to disc?

[quote user="unleash_me"]Very soothing and relaxing album for a lazy sunday afternoon.[/quote]

For that scenario I prefer Rufus Wainwright's Want (One), or even better the new Raconteurs' album, Consolers of The Lonely. Both sizzle with wit, verve and imagination rather than sag tediously like Jack Johnson's smug offerings.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="unleash_me"]
Dont know about the audiophile nature of the said album but I have a copy of "In Between Dreams" by Jack Johnson and I really love it. Very soothing and relaxing album for a lazy sunday afternoon.
[/quote]

You'll like On and On then as it's the better album of the two

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Or is On and On by Jack Johnson a good album?

A nice respite from other good albums like several of the Back to Mine Series, most notably Everything but the Girl and Adam Freeland.

Mr Duncan and Mr Srivastava you'd like this on your respective systems
[/quote]

Its not bad but its nowhere near as good as Powerage by AC/DC and you can take that to the bank!

A

Anonymous

Oh come on, you all know Lionel Richie Three times a lady is the best song of all time!

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"][quote user="unleash_me"]"In Between Dreams" by Jack Johnson[/quote]

Is it just me or isn't this man's music the blandest, most inoffensively offensive soulless cack committed to disc?

[quote user="unleash_me"]Very soothing and relaxing album for a lazy sunday afternoon.[/quote]

For that scenario I prefer Rufus Wainwright's Want (One), or even better the new Raconteurs' album, Consolers of The Lonely. Both sizzle with wit, verve and imagination rather than sag tediously like Jack Johnson's smug offerings.[/quote]

lol, if you're not sure about him, maybe listen to his albums again?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts