Is it going to work?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is the setup (my first home cinema system) that I came to:

Sony 2400ES (or 820) + Jamo 102CS5 + Sony 350 (BD player) + Panny 37PX80

It's very much a budget system, but I hope to enjoy both HD Audio movies & music on this during those hard long and cold credit-crunching nights. I picked the 2400ES over the 820 based on the good reviews everywhere around the "musicality" on this particular amp. Is it overkill for the speakers I have chosen (for now)? [I was thinking just buying a pair of decent more expensive ones but that's been pushed back a bit]

The speakers will most definitely be upgraded in the not-too-distant future hopefully, although we do have a large fishtank in the living room, and I was told our fish don't like their Mozart too loud...
emotion-14.gif

I will also get decent cables and interconnects.

So what do you honestly think please? (before I commit my hard-earned cash)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Nice set-up being put together there - but you're spot on re the 2400ES being overkill for the Jamos. With so many offers around at the moment, are you sure you can't stretch to some slightly bigger speakers? Bigger, better speakers would also give you the musicality you're after - you're never going to hear the benefit of the bigger Sony's capabiltiies via the tiny Jamos....

BUT the Jamos are storming speakers for the money, and will thrive on the end of the Sony 820 - along with the Blu-ray player they'll make a cracking HD movie system (that'll be OK for the odd music spin, too! )

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare and Gareth for your honest opinions. I do realise that the Jamos are at the very low end of the spectrum, hence I do want to upgrade them (if I do buy them in the end).

I have some C.Audio S30 at home right now. Would they make good rears at all?

Realistically I do have a max budget of £700-800 for a full 5.1 that will last me a 'long time'. I'm just not sure I can just buy everything at once.

A

Anonymous

Well, scrap that. *shock horror*

I've just picked up on ebay a pair of MA Studio (with their stands and cables).

Just need (at least) a decent sub and a centre now. Shall I keep my S30's as Rears then?

What's a good sub to match these little babies?

Which one for a centre?

I'll have to re-adjust my budget upwards me thinks now...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

i got my self the tannoy f1s at richersounds last week for £119 but now back up to £149,been today and got the center for £49.all thats left is sub and book shelf when money floes more free.could you not go to this combo and then add as and when money allows?

A

Anonymous

I COULD have.... As the F1/F4's were recommended to me on several occasions. But just NOT in that applewood colour. Sorry. It's a shame but I think I would not have been forgiven for bringing these in unfortunately...
emotion-16.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts