is a tv with dlna as good as one with a boxee box

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
my 6 year old panasonic 32 inch lcd has souns problems and i think it is time for a new tv. i currently have a boxee box connected to a synology nas for all my dvds would a newer tv with dlna be a match for this or should i stick with the boxee, i have looked at two models so far the sony 40wx605 and the pana 39as600 both have dlna i also need at least 3 hdmi and be 40 inches or less due to lack of space and a wife that says no to anything that takes over the living room

abacus

DLNA is just a standard that allows equipment to talk to each other seamlessly; it has nothing to do with features or sound and video quality, which will be determined by the manufacture of the actual product itself.

Hope this helps

Bill

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Check that any new TV you buy is compatible with the format of your ripped DVDs. Probably less of an issue these days, but my three year old 40" Panny has DNLA and it can see all the mp4 movies on my Lacie NAS but won't play any of them, because it doesn't have mp4 codecs and Panasonic won't issue a software update. They'd rather I went out and bought a new TV. They'll be waiting a very long time because for me it's not a showstopper, just an annoyance. With tight ars-s like me they'd be more successful if they just charged £10-25 for a downloadable upgrade. I'd probably go for that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts