Ipod Touch to AE

Fuzzy Bear

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to connect an Ipod touch to AE.

I know there is a program called remote which uses the Touch as a remote for a different computer, but can the touch stream its' own contents

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Not that I know of. The remote app is just to control your music selection via itunes over your wifi network.

If you want to stream direct from ipod touch, I recommend you to use QED Uplay bluetooth receiver. I just got one yesterday and its very convenient. Not the best of quality but acceptable.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
In an open space, its good for about 15 meters. Behind walls about 10 metres. Tested it yesterday roughly.

SQ is not that bad but the volume level is lower compared to a CDP. I usually listen at 9 o clock on the volume knob but with QED, had to turn to about 10 o clock.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Agree. The uPlay is a great little item.
Rather than listen to a whole Cd quite often just put iPhone on shuffle.
Demonstrating to a friend the other day it operated through wall to the room it was in (block & plaster). Which I was impressed with.
Walk around house with iPod in your pocket even as well

axman

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I think you can stream both music and videos from your ipod to the new Apple TV. Ok, it is more expensive, but you can sell off your AE...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, you will be able to stream music and videos from your iPhone/Touch to the new Apple TV using AirPlay once the next firmware update (v4.2) is released, hopefully in the next few days.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Will also be able to stream to the AE once 4.2 is installed
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts