Ipod Touch for internet radio and iplayer

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking of getting an Ipod touch to connect to my hifi to listen to internet radio, BBC iplayer and possibly Spotify.

The Ipod would replace my laptop which is and incredibly slow to get going and was wondering how quickly the Touch loads and how easy is it to use with radio and iplayer?

I was thinking of getting a second hand one. Is there much difference between older models and the new generation for what I want?

Also can you suggest a dock or can I connect the supplied USB cable to my Dacmagic?

Thanks

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
The radio will work well if you have a good wi-fi signal. You can use the Tunin Radio app. Spotify Premium is great too, although it will cost you! Unfortunately, however, iPlayer doesn't work on the iPhone or iPod Touch.

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I had read on old posts that it was possible to get iplayer on the touch. If not i wont bother getting one as it would be an expensive internet radio!

Thanks

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
iPlayer works on my iPhone 4... not sure about the Touch though...

EDIT - just tried it on my son's Touch (previous gen) and it works fine. Note that it runs through Safari - not a specific "iPlayer app" as such.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts