iPod to Grado SR325is

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy a pair of Grado SR325is for home use with my iPod/Laptop.

Would I need a headphone amp to get the most out of the Grados? If so, any good suggestions?

Alternatively, is there any decent iPod docks that happens to have a good quality headphone out for the Grado?

My budget is up to £600

Many thanks !

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
In my experience of the SR80s the laptop and iPhone do not have enough power to drive them properly. They will work but shine when properly driven so I would recommend so kind of dock/amp.

John Duncan

Well your 325s won't fit in the iPod natively since it has a 1/4in jack on the end, and you'd need an adapter. Given one of them, they'd work but you'd be wasting your time a bit since it doesn't erally have the power to drive them.

Personally I'd get a USB DAC/headphone amp like my Fubar IV and listen to content on the laptop, rather than from the iPod, but if you must then get a dock which will access the digital content of the iPod and *then* plug it into a Fubar. Onkyo and Wadia do them, as will somebody else soon (taps side of nose)...

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Although I think there'd be a market for it, this seems to be a Japan only product for Audio Technica

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/dj-plus/at-ha35i.html

iPod dock/iPod digital transport/DAC/headphone amp.

The main disadvantage seems to be that you can't hook it up as a dac for anything else, so can only take the input from the iPod.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts