Ipod system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im going to build a new system with an ipod as the source with my mf xa1 and a new pair of speakers, haveing used a cd based system for a number of years i feel its time to jump on the band wagon, i know a good cd player will trounce the apple for sound quality, is it possible to get a good sound useing a good dock to connect to my amp?
will high quality files sound any good?
Any thoughts would be welcome?

idc

Hi jimm. I use a Russ Andrews GQ-24 to connect straight into my MF XcanV2 and do not feel the need for a dock at all. The only advantage to a dock is that it can charge the ipod at the same time as you use it, but the cable will not allow that to happen. You do want to use lossless files on the ipod to get the best sound quality and from my experience you really do need a very good CDP to trounce the ipod. I gave away my Arcam CD62 and replaced it with the ipod and I still totally enjoy my music.

Messiah

I use an Onkyo dock connected to a Cyrus amp and use my iPhone and Nano on it. I use mainly Apple lossless files (although those bought from iTunes at the lower quality are not as good they are not that bad). I have since sold my Cyrus CD6s as I find the difference between the two negliable.

I also stream music using an Airport Express and find that this gives good results also.

Messiah

I use an Onkyo dock connected to a Cyrus amp and use my iPhone and Nano on it. I use mainly Apple lossless files (although those bought from iTunes at the lower quality are not as good they are not that bad). I have since sold my Cyrus CD6s as I find the difference between the two negligible.

I also stream music using an Airport Express and find that this gives good results also.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts