Ipod dock query.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there.

I'm looking for an ipod dock to attach hifi seperates (I have a Nad 352 amp).

Now, I didn't think this would be too difficult as I have fairly simply criteria.

• The sound should be decent but doesn't have to be the highest standard (for quality listening I'll use CD/Vinyl).

• It should charge the ipod but I'm not worried about syncing so no usb necessary.

• I would like a remote, as navigation in a dock can be tricky and also it makes sense to be able to navigate from the sofa. Here's where it falls apart though. Most docks I have seen which have a remote aren't able to show the menu on the TV?!

To me this would be the abc of designing an ipod dock with remote. Why have a remote to navigate the ipod from a distance if you are so far away you can't see the screen. It seems ridiculous. I'm no expert but surely it's as easy as connecting to the tv through the yellow RCA cable as you would with a camera.

I may just be being stupid but the only dock I can see with this ability is Onkyo DSA2X. Does anyone know of any others? Ideally i didn't want to spend more than £50 as to be honest I think they are such basic things (a stand, a cable, a plug and remote) they shouldn't cost much more.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MB125G/A?fnode=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/cables_docks&mco=MTM1MTY

Ash

A

Anonymous

Thanks Ash.

Do you have one? I have read some truly awful reviews of the Apple universal Dock and also come people say you don't get the menu on tv screen. Do you know for sure if you can?

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts