ipod dock (again)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, wanting to get a dock for my new ipod classic for some stereo in the lounge that's neat and tidy/compact. looking at either the bose sound dock for about £200 or the Klipsch iGroove SXT for about £100. how much better is the bose for the extra £100 and is it worth it?

thanks

dan

A

Anonymous

i went for the klipsch and wasnt dissappointed,in fact it was so good my two sisters brought one each.a mate has the bose and it sounds no better than the klipsch.

A

Anonymous

smurphy

amazon now has the klipsch for £80 so i think you've helped me save £120 (couldn't really see you got anything for the double price except a 'name' on it). thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got a four-way test of £80-£130 iPod systems in our June issue, out next week... But if you want to buy now, you won't be disappointed by the Klipsch at that money - or alternatively the Logitech Pure iFi Anywhere.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare, i will wait for that. It's not so much the money as am willing to splash out more if need be ('tis to be the 'main' stereo in the lounge) but wasn't sure if the Bose was worth double the dosh. Ama slo waiting for your review of the new Onkyo dock with CD player etc.

John Duncan

One alternative you may consider which I found was much better than I expected was the Harman Kardon soundstick setup - Amazon are doing it plus a dock for about £125. Looks cool (to me) in the living room too - J wanted me to get one to replace my stereo
emotion-1.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I use one of these with my Mac - certainly not a patch on a proper system, but absolutely fine for occasional listening in the bedroom for me when I'm working from home (I have it going now in fact!).

John Duncan

Oh agreed, it's not high end, but it's surprisingly good fun for what it is, though the sub-sat arrangement may not suit the living room - especially if it's going on a less-than-substantial shelf, which may vibrate badly from that downward-facing driver..........

A

Anonymous

for the price of the harman soundstick setup i got the acoustic energyM system which beats it with no comparison. If you have any space in your room to sit a big sub attach a little dock to the top for the ipod to sit pretty on, place the satelitte speakers throught the room and you will have the best ipod speakers in my eyes. I use them on my imac permantley and the top and bottom end is top notch. plus you can pick them up for £120 or on ebay for around £60-£70 sometimes. They are that good I have just purchased the 5.1 system for my surround sound in the living room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts