ipod classic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a new ipod 160 classic, downloading the songs from itunes to my new ipod, i have notice that the sound when i play my new ipod through my hifi is quieter than my older 30GB ipod . Is there something wrong with my new ipod.

Thanks Paul

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Strange, if anything it should be louder, as they've boosted the audio output on the new models so they sound louder when used with docks, hi-fi etc. My new iPod Touch definitely sounds louder through my hi-fi system, and also in the car, although admittedly I was using an old 3G iPod before.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That's a tad odd, as the output's been boosted on the new Classic compared to the last generation 'Pods.

However, if your 30GB iPod is from a previous generation - or is an import model - then it may yet be louder still, as (thanks to EU legislation) iPods sold in Europe have been volume limited for a while now.

But, you can alter the volume of your tracks within iTunes:

Select all the Songs, go to Get Info (under the File menu), and select Options. There you will find a Volume Adjustment slider...

A

Anonymous

I changed my ipod but the sound is the same, must be eu regs. Clare you mentioned that i could increase the sound by selecting all songs ect. Can i select all songs in itunes, adjust the volume slider press ok and then transfer all my songs from itunes to my ipod for increased sound. Do you think this will work

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

I also have the same problem. I am doing as you suggest with my existing files but am worried this could introduce distortion to the sound. Is this possible with computer files? And will it increase the file sizes? Also, how do I set itunes to import at the higher volume level from now on (I have the latest version)?

A

Anonymous

I have done this to all my files no disortion, i also play my ipod through my hifi with an iwant 300 docking station ( not the ear phone connection i was using) and the over all sound is much improved (volume & bass ). This product is fantastic and the best dock i tested, it only costs 14.99 go buy one now!!!!

A

Anonymous

I am glad you also has a 'iwant docking station', it's just that I have the 500 and have said on another part of the forum how really good it is for the price but other readers do not seem to agree with you and I regarding this make. I did mention that I had heard both the Bose and the 'iwant togather and was amazed how such an item as the iwant was as good or better than the bose, considering the difference in price, still as long as we are happy with the end result that is what matters.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gonesy"]

I also have the same problem. I am doing as you suggest with my existing files but am worried this could introduce distortion to the sound. Is this possible with computer files? And will it increase the file sizes? Also, how do I set itunes to import at the higher volume level from now on (I have the latest version)?

[/quote]

Any ideas yet on how to import with volume set to max?

A

Anonymous

Hi, this is how I increase the sound on my ipod classic (they definately have turned the sound down on the new model) . Before downloading to itunes go into edit, click on preferences, then you will see in the box, 'sound enhancer', set this on high. this will remain set on high until you change it. Once the album you have selected is in itunes, select the album,click on file then click on get info. An instruction will come up saying' do you wish to change settings' or something like that, click yes and then a box will come up that includes the volume adjuster. Set this on high and click ok. This will reset the whole album. Unfortunately, I cant find a way of permanently setting the volume adjuster so i do this for every album. (Clare posted the instructions for me on how to do this).

Also, I cannot praise enough the iw30 docking station. The build quality and even the packaging, belie its £15 price tag. Everybody should go and buy one now.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts