IPOD Classic - Search by Album Artist

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have searched everywhere to find out if you can set your ipod to list by album artist but seem to be finding it is not possible, has anyone found a solution. I can do it through itunes but not on my ipod and this seems really daft that you can do it on one and not the other, it has not been thought through at all by apple.

idc

What do you mean by 'album artist'? On my classic I usually have it in alphabetical artist order. Then for each artist the albums also come up in alphabetical order. I dont have it to hand to play about, but I am sure I can also change it to album and tracks in alphabetical order as well.

A

Anonymous

I have a very large music collection and if i set it to search by artist it will list albums that have songs from different artist seperate, in the itune settings you can choose search by album artist which will organise them just by the artist and album.

idc

Hi mark8par. I see what you mean now. If I go into the ipods 'Customize Main Menu' the options are more limited than on itunes. From that I do not see how the ipod can list by album artist.

TRENDING THREADS