iphone music problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good morning all.

I originally connected my iphone to my old laptop and transferred all my music from itunes onto my phone. A while ago my old laptop had its hard drive wiped and I lost all my music files, which were not backed up (though I do have most of the cds, they're not easy to get hold of for at least a few months).

I have since bought a new laptop, and recorded some new CDs to which I do have access onto it. What I would like to do, is transfer these songs onto my iphone without deleting the stuff that's already on that.

I have managed to do this successfully with my old ipod, but when I connect my iphone to the new laptop, I get a message saying that if I want to sync my phone with it, then I have to replace all the music on my phone with that on my computer - but I don't want to replace music, I want to add to the stuff already on the iphone.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas, as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hmtb:
Good morning all.

I originally connected my iphone to my old laptop and transferred all my music from itunes onto my phone. A while ago my old laptop had its hard drive wiped and I lost all my music files, which were not backed up (though I do have most of the cds, they're not easy to get hold of for at least a few months).

I have since bought a new laptop, and recorded some new CDs to which I do have access onto it. What I would like to do, is transfer these songs onto my iphone without deleting the stuff that's already on that.

I have managed to do this successfully with my old ipod, but when I connect my iphone to the new laptop, I get a message saying that if I want to sync my phone with it, then I have to replace all the music on my phone with that on my computer - but I don't want to replace music, I want to add to the stuff already on the iphone.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas, as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Connect your iphone to laptop. Ignore iTunes for the moment. You need to remove/copy the music from your phone to your laptop. When you go into my computer, you should see your iPhone, double click and from there you can move your songs to your desktop and then add them to your iTunes. Then when you sync, you will get the new stuff and your old music too. There is one problem however. Apple don't like you doing this so they hide your music files within the iPhone's folder. You will need to right click on the folder and uncheck the "hidden" box. Your music should then appear.

By the way, I've not done this for ages and I might have missed a few bits. I will try and dig up a more detailed response I sent a while back.

Here you go...

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/157154.aspx

TRENDING THREADS