iPhone 15: release news, price, features and spec leaks

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Have I missed something? Is there a policy change at Apple? Are they now including a high quality DAC and a headphone socket on their new iPhone 15?
If the answer is a big fat NO, as I suspect it is, then why are you wasting copy on this?

daveh75

Because they're a business and iPhone 'news' drives more clicks than anything HiFi related?

They've also been doing it as long a smartphones have existed.

I can remember some even reacting the same way to TVs and AV in general being included

Reactions: Sliced Bread

DougM

May 29, 2022
Visit site
Have I missed something? Is there a policy change at Apple? Are they now including a high quality DAC and a headphone socket on their new iPhone 15?
If the answer is a big fat NO, as I suspect it is, then why are you wasting copy on this?
Whether they include a DAC etc., more people use IPhone as their primary music source than literally any other device on earth. They set the standard by which superior audio solutions may be judged.

Reactions: Sliced Bread

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Whether they include a DAC etc., more people use IPhone as their primary music source than literally any other device on earth. They set the standard by which superior audio solutions may be judged.
If that's the case, then it can only be by virtue of the fact LG left the mobile phone market.
Not that I believe it is the case but if you want to add some verification to your statement, feel free.

Reactions: Gray

podknocker

Apple have grudgingly replaced their firewire socket with the USBC socket and this will make things easier for consumers. I think every bit of kit on this planet could use just USBC and HDMI and products could be simpler to make and cheaper.

Apple don't need to change their business model and feature set, because they know they are still going to sell lots of phones. If their was a real change in the music codec/hardware market, they would only respond if they thought they'd lose sales by not adopting this tech.

I'm not an Apple basher, as they make some really nice stuff, but it's so expensive and I would never own any Apple product. The specs are great on these phones, but £1600 for a top end phone is absurd, considering my £199 Oppo does everything I want.

There are spec wars these days and people (not me) get really excited and feel the need to have the latest gadget/toy to show their peers. I used to chase the specs and was an early adopter, with so many products, but now realise a lot of this stuff is just for bragging rights.

It's going to be very interesting over the next 5 years, seeing what can be added to a phone, to make it interesting enough to buy. If I could replace the battery on my Oppo phone and 5G signals were available, I doubt my phone would get replaced in the next 20 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Navanski

Sliced Bread

Exactly. It plays music and films, which puts it well in scope for what Hi-Fi…as long as the reviews are weighted towards those areas.

TRENDING THREADS