admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Now the ipad mini is out comes the burning question to buy of not to buy? For me personally its to sell to buy. I much prefer the smaller ipad and I have personally always thought the 10inch ipad to be slightly on the larger side. So I will be selling my ipad and getting the ipad mini. Oh and just to add I get why apple did it to keep people interested in the larger ipad, but apple def could of fit the new chip in the ipad mini next year perhaps.

D

Deleted member 2457

Daniel 1 said:
Now the ipad mini is out comes the burning question to buy of not to buy? For me personally its to sell to buy. I much prefer the smaller ipad and I have personally always thought the 10inch ipad to be slightly on the larger side. So I will be selling my ipad and getting the ipad mini. Oh and just to add I get why apple did it to keep people interested in the larger ipad, but apple def could of fit the new chip in the ipad mini next year perhaps.

I can see the advantages of it but I have just bought an iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, so it is not for me. Spec would have to get a lot better for me to be interested.

A

Anonymous

The specs on the ipad mini are actually better than that on the ipad 2. And whilst we're on that subject, the ipad mini compared to the new ipad 4g other than the A6X chip and the retina display the specs are the same. Some people the new chip and the retina display might win them over but then again some people ain't bothered by it me being one of them.

D

Deleted member 2457

Daniel 1 said:
The specs on the ipad mini are actually better than that on the ipad 2. And whilst we're on that subject, the ipad mini compared to the new ipad 4g other than the A6X chip and the retina display the specs are the same. Some people the new chip and the retina display might win them over but then again some people ain't bothered by it me being one of them.

I think it is going to take something major for me to change. The retina display does appeal to me but not enough to want me to change. My iPad speed already seems fast to me too. I also don't feel a constant need to upgrade to the newest thing either.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Daniel 1 said:

I think it is going to take something major for me to change. The retina display does appeal to me but not enough to want me to change. My iPad speed already seems fast to me too. I also don't feel a constant need to upgrade to the newest thing either.

I'm in the same boat, its only the iwant factor that makes me want a new iPad

Paul.

Daniel 1 said:
Oh and just to add I get why apple did it to keep people interested in the larger iPad, but apple def could of fit the new chip in the iPad mini next year perhaps.

Apple are actually earning a lot less money on the iPad mini compared to the full size iPads, lower margins. This is due to the cut price android devices being sold at cost. So they couldn't afford to put the A6 in it, and due to the lack of retina resolution the quad core GPU in the A5X is not needed.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife was ready and waiting for the pre-order store to open and secured me a black one. Delivery should be on Friday but that will depend on whether they use a decent courier. Some, particularly Yodel, are edited useless round here.

For an Apple product I think the price is reasonable and it warms my heart that more of my money goes on product rather than profit for Apple. The biggest draw for me is the 100% control of my iTunes ripped music that Android workarounds have never got completly right.

:cheer:

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
relocated said:
My wife was ready and waiting for the pre-order store to open and secured me a black one. Delivery should be on Friday but that will depend on whether they use a decent courier. Some, particularly Yodel, are edited useless round here.

For an Apple product I think the price is reasonable and it warms my heart that more of my money goes on product rather than profit for Apple. The biggest draw for me is the 100% control of my iTunes ripped music that Android workarounds have never got completly right.

:cheer:

Kinda says it all..'For an Apple product I think the price is reasonable'.

A

Anonymous

Whats the bet poeple with both the ipad (the larger one) and ipad mini find theres selves using there ipad mini the majority of the time. Time will tell.

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. Just a quick question and that is, does the new iPad mini use the same DAC as the new ipod touch and will they sound exactly the same through headphones. I'm in such a dilemma about which device to get, however sound quality is the most important factor. My impressions are from reading on the web that for music, the new ipod touch is the best option.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
After being used to the retina display of the iPad and 4S, I don't think I could use an iPad Mini. I know that probably sounds a bit snobby, but the other half has a 3S and when I look at it now its like looking at a CRT TV from the 70's.

It is actually bigger than I expected - I thought it'd be half the size of the iPad, but looks more like 2/3rd's, which seems a nice size. I think I'll be sticking to what I have for the next year or so and seeing what happens, as increased competition is likely to push Apple into improving specs like increasing memory etc, and reducing pricing.

Paul.

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
After being used to the retina display of the iPad and 4S, I don't think I could use an iPad Mini. I know that probably sounds a bit snobby, but the other half has a 3S and when I look at it now its like looking at a CRT TV from the 70's.

It is actually bigger than I expected - I thought it'd be half the size of the iPad, but looks more like 2/3rd's, which seems a nice size. I think I'll be sticking to what I have for the next year or so and seeing what happens, as increased competition is likely to push Apple into improving specs like increasing memory etc, and reducing pricing.

Yep, its because of the 4:3 aspect, makes it huge compared to a 16:9 7". I agree about the resolution, I think I would by an iPad 4 rather than a mini. Its not as bad as the iPhone 3GS as you hold it further away from your face, but don't quite think its high enough. I do think it was a smarter move than creating a third iPad resolution, as the App support is the iPads number 1 selling point.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I just had a read of that before coming onto this topic, it shows some pro's and cons with the iPad mini.

It makes you wonder if the iPad mini was a rush job in terms of the screen, just to get it out there in the market knowing that if Apple didn't they would lose alot of revenue to the 7inch tablet market.

If it sells which i believe it will, i can see a retina version next year

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Having now seen the iPad mini I can say I'm rather impressed with it.

Compared to the competing 7" tablets, the 7.9" mini screen gives far more than that extra 35% screen realestate, particularly for browsing and for reading electronic versions of magazines.

In portrait mode there is obviously much more visable screen with more visable content on view, but in landscape mode there's more than half as much again and there isn't the need to zoom to read pages, as on the Nexus 7, which is pretty weak in this area.

I've also noticed that in real comparative reviews (not just repeating and pontificating on specs from a spec sheet), the concensus appears to be that the screen resolution spec differences aren't nearly as noticeable in practicle use, plus the Nexus screen is marked down for it's less saturated colours and poorer contrast, making it appear slightly "washed out" in appearance.

From practical experience with the Nexus tab, I'm inclined to agree with this. The iPad mini screen does look very good, even if it isn't as crystal clear as the retina screen on the bigger iPad, but at normal viewing distances it's not such an issue.

My first impression is that the mini looks to be a very attractive proposition. Justifying the extra cost over the cheaper, subsidised/loss making tablets will be a matter of personal choice, but at least you know where to go to get help and support if you have problems with it, unlike with the alternatives.

A

Anonymous

Having the ipad mini what more can i say other than just right! couldnt be happier as far as ios goes what more can you ask for in such a small package. Ipad (ios) was built for portability other wise you would just use your macbook/computer which does everything a ipad can do but more. For now ipad fits the bill for portabilty and function at least until someting better comes out ; ).

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I was rather excited about the device until I picked one up & looked at some of my flickr photos on it - oh dear. I won't be flogging my unwieldy iPad 3 to buy one. Every other aspect such as size, weight & thickness were fine.

D

Deleted member 2457

Had a play with the mini today, I liked the screen but didn't like the size, it is too small for my liking!

A

Anonymous

I finally decided to buy an iPad, I went for the retina display version - there really is no comparison between the RD iPad and the iPad mini.

The iPad mini felt like a compromised product, sure the size and weight were nice but you can bet Apple have a retina display version in the pipeline for next year.

For now I would wait, if you can.

onek00lj4y

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I am so glad I went for the ipad mini,instead of the full size ipad,I've always been a apple person,every time,but this little baby is wicked,have a look on youtube internet speed tests,it beats the full size ipad every time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts