Intermittent sound drop outs on headphones

keiter

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I am currently using Sennheiser RS 180 headphones attached to a Marantz CD 6005 CD player.

During the last 2- 3 weeks the sound drops out from the headphones for some 5 - 10 seconds although the CD continues to play. The CDs are in excellent condition, in fact a couple are brand new.

I have not changed my listening position.

I have also recharged the batteries to ensure they are fully functional.

Can any one explain how I may rectify this situation.

Thanking you in anticipation.

keiter

SennheiserOfficial

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
keiter said:
I am currently using Sennheiser RS 180 headphones attached to a Marantz CD 6005 CD player.

During the last 2- 3 weeks the sound drops out from the headphones for some 5 - 10 seconds although the CD continues to play. The CDs are in excellent condition, in fact a couple are brand new.

I have not changed my listening position.

I have also recharged the batteries to ensure they are fully functional.

Can any one explain how I may rectify this situation.

Thanking you in anticipation.

keiter

Hey Keiter,

Sorry to hear this. Please email [support2@sennheiser.com] our Customer Service team or call [877-736-6434] and they will be happy to assist!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
How close is the base station to your router, have you recently moved it? The RS180s use a frequency that can be affected by domestic WiFi. I had a similar issue with my RS180s until the penny dropped and I realised what was causing it. It might not even be your WiFi, it could even be your neighbour's WiFi. Even so, try moving the base-unit a few feet from its current location and see if you get an improvement. It worked for me. Which I'm glad about because IMO the RS180's are otherwise utterly superb.

TRENDING THREADS