INTERMITTENT SOUND AND PICTURE LOSS SAMSUNG PS50C7000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Greetings again,

Don't be too quick to judge the PQ if you go to Currys or Comet etc as the feed sent to the tvs in those stores is notoriously low rent, the same signal is sent to every tv in the store and of low quality...usually it's even a scart connection which is simply rubbish in this day and age so be careful to check how the signal is being sent to the tv in those stores by looking for yourself on the back of the tv but even hdmi signals i've seen in those stores have been poor!

The VT30 are lovley tvs but i will warn you now that there has been a widely reported issue with these tvs and there is a thread about it currently on these forums, large areas of green blobs have been reported on these tvs that are clearly visible during normal everyday viewing. You can view a video of the issue here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zdtG-WOo7g

It's up to you wether or not this will be an issue for you if the tv you purchase is unlucky enough to show the issue but i thought it better to warn you first as i'm sure you are keen to avoid any more hassle. Panasonic has stated that the issue 'is within tolerance' but i can't see how that is the case personally and i wouldn't be happy with it for sure.

Anyway thought it best to warn you!

Best regards as always,

Nick.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi oldboy seen video and can see what you mean and your right i wouldent be happy it would have to be the gt50 still havent heard anything about my tv

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi oldboy just to let you know that after three attempted repairs and 3 months of constant phone calls samsung has finally written my samsung ps50c7000 off and given me a full refund and now the owner of the panasonic 50" gt 30 and must say i am impressed although i have only had it a couple of days and still tweaking with the picture to get it to my personal preference came with a free blueray player two pairs of 3d rechargable glasses and the star wars trilogy on blueray. last one thing i will never ever touch another samsung product with the issues i have had lets hope i have many years of trouble free viewing with my gt 30 as it has had great reviews from what hi fi by the way hows your gt 30 going?:cheer:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
3937edwards said:
hi oldboy just to let you know that after three attempted repairs and 3 months of constant phone calls samsung has finally written my samsung ps50c7000 off and given me a full refund and now the owner of the panasonic 50" gt 30 and must say i am impressed although i have only had it a couple of days and still tweaking with the picture to get it to my personal preference came with a free blueray player two pairs of 3d rechargable glasses and the star wars trilogy on blueray. last one thing i will never ever touch another samsung product with the issues i have had lets hope i have many years of trouble free viewing with my gt 30 as it has had great reviews from what hi fi by the way hows your gt 30 going?:cheer:

:bounce:

Good news that Samsung finally refunded you, kudos to them for doing so. I can't say i blame you for being so anti samsung now after your experience and really hope your 50GT30 gives you many years of happy viewing...and is free from the green tinge that so many VT30 sets seem to have. At least you know how to run the tv in now so you shouldn't have any problems, fingers crossed.

My GT30 is still going strong and i remain very happy with it, i'm so glad i upgraded from the G20 of last year! The picture quality continues to impress me and the tv is now nearing 1500 hours of viewing (you can view the ammount of hours on the screen from the engineers menu) with no issues except some very slight image retention when gaming but the scrolling bar function sorted that out within 5 minutes and it's not happened since so i'm a very happy chappy.

I have everything crossed that you don't have a bad experience with this tv as it's a fantastic tv for the money.

Best regards to you and a very merry xmas to you and your family :cheers:

Nick.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi oldboy yes i am glad i got a refund and i must say i am very happy with my gt30 and have had no issues with the green blobs that some customers have had and no issues with a noisy fan either and what i am impressed with i do not get any image retention at all although at the moment i only have contrast on 55% and brightness at 45% because of the running in period one final question if i have the ifc of i get alot of judder with the ifc on i get none and the picture seems 100% better but i have read this feature has caused picture issues with some customers so a bit confused anyway happy new year to you:wave:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Good news that you are happy with the GT30.

As for IFC as a rule you are best to leave it off, the issues people are reporting are just down to the processing going on when you use it. It introduces some halo effects and shimmering when used, for example, when someone walks past a complex pattern on screen you can see a halo effect around their body. With football when the ball goes high into the air and passes through the crowd then the ball breaks up and judders, sometimes it loses definition too.

It can also cause some artefacts and noise to the picture and it seems worse with complex patterns so i tend to not use it personally and it's only with SD sources that i get any real judder.

If you feel you must use it then i would suggest you only ever have it on Mid and try not to use it with bluray or HD tv, for SD content it can be useful sometimes as that sort of content can cause some judder, with HD sources it shouldn't be needed and with bluray movies it's a big no no as the movies are recorded and displayed in 24fps as the director intended.

As a rule try not to use it but if you have to then leave it on Mid as you minimise the ammount of artefacts introduced when you use it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts