Interesting clip for any budding audiophile

dellroy

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08l9cfm/click-inside-brians-brain

Watch it from 17.20mins. That's where it begins to talk about sound. A bit extreme but interesting that they say and show how mains quality does effect sound. Not that I want to start a debate on that, just thought I would share this clip for people to watch.

Enjoy.

abacus

It has been featured before, however, his main aim appears to be to listen for faults, rather than listen to the music. (Even though he says music is paramount.

Regarding the mains, then yes, all mains sounds like this, but is filtered out by the products power supply, (Or any decent connection strip) so has no relevance on the final sound. (Unless the power supply is faulty or badly designed)

Bill

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
And for me, it's programmes like that that don't do this industry any favours. It's all very well talking about high quality headphones and speakers, but when you're throwing around prices like £13,000 and £56,000, you're basically telling a potential audience that they can't afford high sound quality. Which of course, we know is nonsense. And when he talks about some £56,000 headphones, he ends on a negative!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Sod the poncey hi-fi, I want to try out those old 1960s monitors Eno was using!

Possibly Tannoy 3LZ...?

Compact 'bookshelf' model using the 10 inch dual concentric, Reds or more likely Golds. Smaller sibling to the better known Lancaster or York models, there are many variations on all these models as you could specify different drivers and enclosures but no way of knowing just how 'original' they are.

An old customer of mine had a pair of the huge Yorks, with the 15 inch driver, roughly the same vintage. Fabulous sound, even by modern standards but they were in a huge room, very, very impressive.

3LZs

a.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts