Interconnects & speaker cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

I am on the market for some interconnects and speaker cable ... I bid on a set of SILVER HIGH BREED Coherence LE Interconnects (0.50m Pr) ... I asked the seller to wait a week, as I was still considering buying his speaker cables ... he was polite and said no probs

then I contacted the seller a week later and asked for his address, so that I can send an uncrossed postal order as my paypal is still not set up (new to ebay)... seller has changed his ebay id and I sent messages on both his old id and new one .... more than a week now and still no reply (so I think he may have 'oversold the interconnect as he stated it was a limited edition and when I bought, there were only 2 left) ... or perhaps he is on vacation? ... he now sells other cables with a different name and not the same ones I ordered

so, after reading forums, I have found that many people enjoy the NVA sound pipe interconnect aswell as the more expensive super soundpipe ... just curious if anyone here has tried these? ... a litle over my budget but if good, will buy

I also read good reviews on the old hitachi LC-OFC interconnect ... hard to find, but think I have found a company that still has these ... anyone had any experience with these or have a better suggestion?

as for speaker cable, have bought a large joblot of various 2nd hand cable which includes thick copper monster, QED, and several others without names for £8.50 (these cables were removed from restaurants when renovations were undertaken) ...

I will first get decent interconnects then try the different speaker cables and decide if I need to buy different speaker cables

so any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

Hi i use NVA speaker cable (rem the cheap Ls 2 in not made by them)..........the 1 or the 3 or upwards is great. As for the sound pipe i tried some and they are clear but a bit thin sounding in my set up.........and they are very stiff like copper pipe. But at least you can try and send back with their policy. I would consider spending up to £15-£20 a metre on your speaker cable and less on your interconnects. I don't understand why some people will spend £150 on an interconect and then only buy budget speaker cable like £5-£8 a metre.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Greenstyles

interconnects (super sound pipes) are £60 for 30cm ... I am still undecided with speaker cables and will try different types when I have the interconnects ...

suppose once the 'audiophile bug' gets hold of you, you cannot stop trying to better the quality of sound from your system .... wife is already starting to moan and groan
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi i'd really try speaker cables 1st they can make a massive difference.........then fine tune with an interconnect (harder do do)
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

dim_span:
then I contacted the seller a week later and asked for his address, so that I can send an uncrossed postal order as my paypal is still not set up (new to ebay)... seller has changed his ebay id and I sent messages on both his old id and new one .... more than a week now and still no reply (so I think he may have 'oversold the interconnect as he stated it was a limited edition and when I bought, there were only 2 left) ... or perhaps he is on vacation? ... he now sells other cables with a different name and not the same ones I ordered

Deja vu...nuff said

A

Anonymous

greenstiles .... thanks for the advice ... will consider getting the speaker cables first then trying to match suitable interconnects

raym87 .... seller was very friendly with replies to my questions prior to bidding ... not sure if he has oversold the ones I bought or if he is away on vacation, but wish him well anyway ... am a bit dissapointed as spent a long time reading reviews on google before making my decision and purchase

his products have received good reviews

A

Anonymous

a quick update: seller has contacted me .... for some or other reason, mail was directed to my junk mail folder ... so will be getting the SILVER HIGH BREED Coherence LE Interconnects and am delighted

TRENDING THREADS