Integrated Amps?

CodyTARA

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Lately the TARA Labs listening room has been playing with a Behold Gentle G192 Media Player, which also functions as an power amp, preamp, and contains a number of other features. While it is a very impressive device, it got me thinking about our usual setups primarily consisting of separate components. Personally I have always leaned toward separates, to avoid compromises that may arise due to compacting all of the equipment in to one package. I would enjoy hearing others thoughts regarding their preferences. Anyone here using an integrated amplifier that they love?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I used to think that to much integration, especially with regards to streaming/wifi combined with amplification leads to compromises.

Sensitive circuitry all sharing a small enclosed space plus of course shared power supplies.

Micromega had some issues with one of their top amplifiers (Paul Miller measured and solved the issue, Micromega acting and revising the design).

As a cyrus user/fan I felt that when the company developed it's 8xp they pushed the envelope to far and compromised sound quality in the process. Perhaps it was a glitch as the product has further developed.

But there are many examples of successful products these days and it should be possible to have everything under one roof so to speak.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I love the looks of all the separate components I see in the hifishops when I walk past. When I take a closer look and see the pricetags, drooling continues but my sense (and wife) steps in.

The main reason for me to buy a integrated amp is space and money. For me its a magic box that does the trick very well.

And yes, I keep dreaming and drooling.....

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Why are people so impressed by stock wire in a pantyhose? I'd rather gaze at womens legs in fishnets than Cody's wire in techflex.

A

Anderson

Taralabs has a liveleak profile, the comments on their profile made me laugh.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Anderson said:
Taralabs was raided 10 years ago, it is alleged that they claimed their products were made in the USA when they were being produced in China.

http://www.avrev.com/news/0904/13.tara.html

Ah well, Alberto Contador was banned for doping offences and won the Vuelta on his return. There you go.

However, when I started my other thread on cables DO making a difference, TaraLabs were perhaps not exactly the example I was after.

I was thinking about more upmarket stuff

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I've always owned intigrated and love my current one, but if funds ever allow I would like an Accuphase pre/power set up.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts