Integrated Amplifier recommendation...

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It would if you told us your budget?

What brands are avaialble to you in your locality?

then we can only give suggestions - you should go and demo them, prefably with your speakers

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
At that price the amps are pretty much all the same, in capability at least. For that money you are looking at Japanese brands, they are all competent enough if not exactly inspiring.

They do however vary in functionality and presentation, by that I mean some are a little bassier, some a little brighter, there's really not much else in it.

At present the Marantz PM6005 is available under £300 in the uk, so for many in your position it is the default choice. In your market prices might be rather different, perhaps if you tell us what is available to you?

In all honesty, as long as you avoid the obvious mismatch, bright amp with bright speakers for example, any of the amps from the reputable manufacturers will be fine, if you can audition, then try them with your speakers and pick the one you prefer, there is no right or wrong answer here.

dheepanprakash

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
almost all the brands are available in my place...like rotel,denon,nad,onkyo,arcam,yamaha,cambridge audio...i heard marantz is always a gud match with Jamo speakers..the speaker dealers recommended me to buy marantz pm6004..i m currently using my speakers with denon avr2113..this is my speaker specs

http://www.jamo.com/speaker-types/floorstanding/?sku=D590

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
dheepanprakash said:
almost all the brands are available in my place...like rotel,denon,nad,onkyo,arcam,yamaha,cambridge audio...i heard marantz is always a gud match with Jamo speakers..the speaker dealers recommended me to buy marantz pm6004..i m currently using my speakers with denon avr2113..this is my speaker specs

http://www.jamo.com/speaker-types/floorstanding/?sku=D590

These speakers have never been readily available in the UK, so hardly surprising you are getting little help. They are big speakers with substantial bass ouput, this suggests that they will need an amplifier that can control them.

Important to try some options I think.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Not having a clue about you speakers it is hard to be more specific. If you can listen to the options, do so, if not buy the best amp you can afford and hope for the best. All the brands you mention are ok, just look for the best deal on the best amp.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
dheepanprakash said:
so any suggestions?

as said previous no one knows your speakers - we have suggested the Marantz, you say you can demo a few demo - go and demo them and decide what you like best.

No one on this forum can suggest you go and biuy a particular - all we can do is advise

dheepanprakash said:
so any suggestions?

Having not heard the speakers, thought I'd do some research: After Googling I found that Pioneer receivers seem to come up more than once with matching, as does Cyrus but the latter will out of your budget, unless you can find a s/hand example and you're willing to stretch your budget a little more.

I've heard some great things about Pioneer A series (class D). Perhaps look at older Pioneer models and see how that goes.

As others have said, very few have actually heard your model of Jamos this side of the pond, so just take this as a pointer and NOT a recommendation.

Good luck

*EDIT* Just had a thought. Might be worthwhile emailing Jamo and ask them what amps, around your budget, they would recommend.

http://www.jamo.com/support/contact/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts