Int amplifier recommendations for pmc 5.23?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

I think it could be interesting with some advice. Some say bryston or avm for the new pmc speakers, bryston is a bit over my budget though. Budget is max 3000 pounds. What do you guys think? A nice dac is preferred and not bad if the amplifier is compact and looks good.

Thoughts?

Best Christian

Chr78 said:

I think it could be interesting with some advice. Some say bryston or avm for the new pmc speakers, bryston is a bit over my budget though. Budget is max 3000 pounds. What do you guys think? A nice dac is preferred and not bad if the amplifier is compact and looks good.

Thoughts?

Best Christian

AVM not cheap either. Another left-field suggestion would be the Parasound Halo Integrated.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Chr78 said:

Thoughts?

Best Christian

AVM not cheap either. Another left-field suggestion would be the Parasound Halo Integrated.
Yes, i would like to try that one..

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try an Electrocompaniet Eci 6D integrated amp with built in top class DAC.

https://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/?product=electrocompaniet+eci%2D6d+integrat...

I can personally vouch for the PMC / Electrocompaniet synergy.

Although I'm not totally convinced by some aspects of Naim (per the recent thread) I'd put it on the must audition list with PMCs, as I've heard various combinations of these two that sound very good.

Not sure how Hegel matches soundwise, but they are minimalist and have good DACs built in. I'd expect a drier effect than Naim, which is rhythmic and bouncy.

The PMCs are very open, with rising high treble, so best listened to off axis.

nopiano said:
Not sure how Hegel matches soundwise, but they are minimalist and have good DACs built in.

Hi nopiano

Nothing but high praise from our clients who are powering their PMC loudspeakers with Hegel amplification
regular_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts