Inquiry Re. Forthcoming WHF?S&V Reviews.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Would the WHF?S&V team know the likelihood of the following manufacturers/models appearing in the pages of your august magazine in the future?

Accustic Arts Surround Player 1 - CD/SACD/DVDA/DVD Player.

Esoteric X03SE - CD/SACD Player.

Gamut D3 - Pre-Amp.

Gamut D200 mk3 - Power-Amp.

KEF 201/2 or 205/2 - Speakers.

Marantz SA11S2 - CD/SACD Player.

Primare A32 - Power-Amp.

I appreciated the timely review of the Accustic Arts Drive 1 mk2 & DAC. 1 mk4 in the Temptations section of June's issue.Especially as i've been busy trying to arrange demo's including the above items.

Many thanks.

BABUR.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Babur,
At the moment there are no reviews planned for the Accustic Arts Surround Player 1 or Primare's A32. We're in the process of trying to get the Esoteric in for a listen. The Gamut pre/power we'd like to test, but it will have to wait until after we review a pair of Gamut speakers we've ordered. The Marantz has already been oredred and should be coming in to us soon. Lastly, we wait in hope for any of the KEF Reference speakers. We've repeatedly asked for and been promised them, but nothing has come through as yet.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ketan,

I hope you don't mind indulging me once more(?)

Would you recommend any CD/SACD players,of similar capabilities to the Esoteric X03SE,Marantz SA-7S1 or Marantz SA-11S2, which i should include in my demo. shortlist?

Thanks for the prompt response.

BABUR.

BernardLanguillier

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Babur72:

Esoteric X03SE - CD/SACD Player.

For what is it worth, I have been using a like new second hand UX-3SE for about one month. It is connected to a Denon AVP-A1HD, the power amp is a Rotel RB-1090 feeding a pair of B&W 804s. XLR connects are Chord Chorus 2, speaker cable are Chord Epic Twin. Power chord to the Esoteric is a Kimber Kable PG14-Gold fed from an Acoustic Revive Ultimate 2 power filter.

The Esoteric is just amazing for both CDs and SACDs, but really excels as an SACD player.

Cheers,
Bernard

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bernard,

Thanks.I appreciate you sharing your thoughts regarding the Esoteric UX-3SE.

After hearing the 2-channel only Esoteric X-03SE i was fortunate to hear the breathtaking talents of the multi-channel capable X-01D2,which - it just so happened - had been set-up to be auditioned by another customer.

I've since learned that the Esoteric UX-1pi's(the latest flagship version of their universal player range) stereo & multi-channel audio playback performance comes disturbingly close to that of the X-01D2.The UX-1pi's wider format compatibility would also be of added worth to me,as i own a fairly sizeable & growing collection of SACD & DVD-A discs.

With a few auditions remaining i've so far managed to whittle-down my short-list of components to partner my choice of source,thus:

Source: Esoteric UX-1pi or X-01D2

Pre-Amp: Aesthetix Calypso Signature; Ayre K-1xe; Classe` CP700; GamuT D3i or Plinius Tautoro

Power-Amp: Aesthetix Atlas Signature; Ayre V-1xe; Classe` M400; GamuT M250 mkIII or Plinius SA-Ref./SA-201

Speakers: B&W 802D's or Focal JM Lab 1037Be's

As a seemingly satisfied owner of an Esoteric universal player,i'd appreciate any more thoughts or suggestions you had regarding my choice of potential partners?

Thanks.

BABUR.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts