Increase in Sony KDL40w4500 Purchase Price - Please explain

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I thought I would buy a Sony 40w4500 just before Christmas but being prudent or in other words tight with my money I would wait until after Xmas when demand diminishes. I suppose the bottom line is I got it wrong again! Since Christmas the price has increased from ~£850 to the cheapest at present from Dixons with a voucher at £882 (if you want to wait 28 days) everybody else is nearly £900. My question is what is going on with the retail business? Inflation is at all but at a stand still, vat has been reduced by 2.5%, UK, Japanese and the world economies are at the verge of collapse and politicians are saying we need to get more consumer spending, meanwhile the cost of this and the Panasonic counterpart are costing at least 3.5% more than an month ago. This is a serious question can any retail or What HiFi answer the query?

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I think you will find most makes inc pioneer, denon, sony to name but a few will be increasing in price i think some already have, this is due to the weak pound against the yen, also because of the discounts that have been had over the last few months/year dealers distributors can no longer offer these discounts, hence the price increase because of the weak pound. My advice would be to buy sooner rather than later, because products will go up.
emotion-9.gif

Andy

A

Anonymous

That's a myth, inflation is not at a standstill, look across the board, all electronics companies are having to push their prices up from between 25-40% due to the crippling debts and crippling decreases in output in the UK represented by an extremely weak pound. In reality deflation never really occurred, it's just the increase in prices dropped off a lot due to the declining state of the stock markets forcing many speculators to sell while they still had any chance to, that led to the brief lull in pricing. Now we are witnessing just what happens when a currency suffers such a big fall against other currencies.

A

Anonymous

Surely the cut in mortgage rates more than makes up for the rise in electronics? Mine has come down £150 a month in the past year.

A

Anonymous

Not if you are one of the many in negative equity whose job has either gone or is close to being on the unemployment list, it's something like 3,000 are going on the unemployment list every day and that isn't the true figure, since it doesn't take into account of those who are ineligible to sign on.

A

Anonymous

Thanks one and all. The exchange rate explains it, I was just too annoyed to see the obvious. I now have a technical question which I will post regarding should I go for the Sony with all the negative comments on this site or change my mind and go with a panasonic and risk screen burn with a bad habit of watching DVD and falling to sleep with the potential of the menu screen sitting there for some considerable time?? Cheers

TRENDING THREADS