In honour of Steve Jobs....

....pre-ordered an Apple product for the first time ever on the first day (iPhone 4S White) for my wife. I was awake till past midnight last night (despite having to wake up at 5.30am to go to work) hoping the pre-orders will start, but it didn't. Finally managed to place the order during my tea break.

Delivery is in the week 21st-28th Oct. I may just *** in to my local Apple store next Saturday to pick one & cancel my online order.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my iphone 4s yesterday with 3 . i'm not sure if i did the right thing as i would never normaly pay £35 a month for there text 500 plan and £49 upfront. I used to think spendng £15 a month was far to much and my plans were to get a 3GS and go pay monthly for £10 month so i'm still wondering if i should cancel my order

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Please tell you ordered the phone because you like the features etc. rather than because the CEO of the company has just died?

A

Anonymous

r.i.p steve jobs

300427_10150432355207784_662347783_10372652_1488743875_n.jpg

d4v3pum4 said:
Please tell you ordered the phone because you like the features etc. rather than because the CEO of the company has just died?

No, had already decided to buy it. Pre-ordered it for Mr. Jobs. :)

I've never pre-ordered a phone before.

I've got an Android phone (HTC Sensation) & a Windows 7 laptop, my wife has a MacBook & now will have an iPhone. Good to have all ecosystems in the house. :)

Paul.

Ah, that's a wee baby. You can't really buy them for about 8 weeks untill they have weened, so they look more like this. This is Chopsy, he is about 5 now but was only a year old in this pic. His chum Leo (short for king leonidus) had to be put down last Saturday as he was in a bad way, so now we have two more to keep Chopsy company. We have Steve and Stormy (full title of 'The Dark Lord Stormaggedon').

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:

Ah, that's a wee baby. You can't really buy them for about 8 weeks untill they have weened, so they look more like this. This is Chopsy, he is about 5 now but was only a year old in this pic. His chum Leo (short for king leonidus) had to be put down last Saturday as he was in a bad way, so now we have two more to keep Chopsy company. We have Steve and Stormy (full title of 'The Dark Lord Stormaggedon').

If cutbacks haven't bitten too deep, there's still good psychiatric help available. :D

Paul.

Yep, they are Flash but am somewhat limited to my own development abilities and at the time of building it there were not any good HTML5 gallery templates. It has been on my to do list for a while now, but as I get most of my corporate business through referral marketing and not SEO, its not a huge priority right now.

The other reason I use that particular gallery is it has a great workflow. It automatically gets its photos from a flickr account I set up with certain keywords. So in Aperture (the Mac photo editing software I use) If I add a 'Product' key word to a photo, it automatically gets synced to a smart gallery, which is auto updated to flickr, which automatically gets added to the site to the 'Product' gallery. Im sure this is quite do-able in HTML5 but again, limited by my own abilities.

I made sure to build the main page image rollovers from Javascript (had some help from a developer for that bit) as Flash sites are notoriously bad for SEO.

I bought a HTML5 editor a little while ago called Hype that I need to teach myself, but again, its on a pretty long to do list. The corporate site looks pretty good, but the wedding page is a little ropey and lacking content, and I need to build a third site to advertise studio hire and build an adword campaign for it. Feel guilty for sitting on my ass eating crumpets now!

Thanks for searching tho, all the searches add up :)

TRENDING THREADS