Question I'm upgrading

Fandango Andy

The tdls are ancient, you plug them in to the same out puts on an amp

Why would you want to do this? It won't sound good. You are going to cancel some frequencies, blurring the top end frequencies and destroying the stereo imaging and soundstage.

Then you have the power issue. You are connecting them in parallel; both speakers are 8ohms, so you are creating a 4ohm load for your amp, can it handle 4 ohms? Half the impedance needs twice the current so if note rated for 4 ohms it could overheat.

Fandango Andy

It depends whether its in series or parallel, according to Gemini AI. If its in series it can actually increases the total impedance.

Who knew?
The way he describes is parallel so he is having the impedance so will need double the current. Wiring in series won't really help either, then as you say he will halve the impedance, so then he will need double the voltage just to maintain volume.

Reactions: Dom

Dom

The way he describes is parallel so he is having the impedance so will need double the current. Wiring in series won't really help either, then as you say he will halve the impedance, so then he will need double the voltage just to maintain volume.
Yes, but that way won't damage the amplifier. If I've got this right.

Gray

It depends whether its in series or parallel, according to Gemini AI. If its in series it can actually increases the total impedance.

Who knew?
Yes series connection will increase the overall impedance.
But I wasn't thinking just about any problem due to parallel connection - but also what it will do to his stereo image (if he's bothered about that) when using 4 speakers.

That's one of the reasons nobody here would connect 4 speakers at once, I'm sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts