IEM sound quality

Richard89

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys. At the minute I'm using my Android phone with no mods/amps etc and a very muddy and lackluster £50 pair of in ears. All of my music is 320kbps mp3 or flac (heavy metal - KoRn/Sabbath) etc.

I'm reading a lot of good info from guys like davethorn, but obviously the hi-fi language goes straight over my head....

I'm looking to spend up to £400 to get a decent set up, and want to stick with in-ears. Can anybody give any feedback? I was thinking phone + Shure SE-425 + dragonfly black?

I would love to have a good rhythm and to be able to hear all the instruments individually with strong guitar and drums.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I listen to rock and the bands you stated.

I use the Earsonics Sm3 v2 and they are superb. Amazing midrange which is warm and very detailed.

I use mine with a Hidizs HP100 player.

Shure I find are not that great for rock having used the 535's in the past. I find the treble recessed.

If it were me I would go the Earsonics route. You can get them for £280. Give them about 40 hours to burn in as they will open up and sound lush. I would also go the Dragonfly route. I have the Mojo but it is £400.

£400 would get you the earsonics and the Dragonfly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts