idiot NAS question

niccapotamus

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Morning everyone. I've got hold of a Seagate NAS which I'm hoping to be able to transfer my 80GB itunes library to. We are just buying sonos connects to set up a home streaming system and i'd like the sonus to access the NAS. I need to get itunes off the laptop as our photo library plus the itunes is killing it.

I've got sky wi-fi and that is it - will buy the sonus gear next week. All i've got at the moment is the sky wifi box and a NAS.

Can i plug the NAS into the back of the sky wifi box and expect to be able to find it from my laptop and the sonus or is it much much more complicated than that?

apologies for the really basic level of the question. BTW you guys were great helping me buy a secondhand NAD amp and floorstanders for the dining room - the sound quality has convinced my wife to buy a proper system for the lounge as well (and the sonos kit!!)

cheers

nick

That's about it really. Connect your NAS to the wifi router and Sonos should be able to find it.

You should be able to see it on your laptop as well. I'm not familiar with your NAS, so don't know if you need a separate programme or not.

TRENDING THREADS