i-pod dock for yamaha a-s500?

clamjouster

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
i just bought myself the yamaha a-s500 ;) to pair with b&w 685's and i have to say it's sounding pretty good.

since i dont have any money left to buy a cd player all of my music will be played via an i-pod. the a-s500 comes with an i-pod dock input already, this confuses me a little... i use a standard 3.5mm to 1.5mm cable to plug the ipod directly into one of the aux inputs on my amp.

my question is this... would i get better results if i used an ipod dock and if so which one would work well with the a-s500?

any input would be greatly welcomed ;)

BOO-YA

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Any of the Yamaha ones will work with the AS500. Yamaha iPod docks use their own specific connection, which also carries power, so there's less cables than most iPod docks as there's no mains cable needing to be plugged in the wall. This also allows control of the iPod via the amplifier's remote control. It will be better quality than using the analogue headphone output from the iPod.

A

Anonymous

People are still buying CD players rather than playing HD digital audio via the DAC of their choice? Masochists, the lot of them...

:)

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I use an yamaha YDS12 with my as500. You can also get the yamaha YITW10 OR YIDW10 as well which are both wireless. With the YDS12 you can control the ipod with as500's remote. Which speakers are you using with the as500?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emcc_3:I use an yamaha YDS12 with my as500. You can also get the yamaha YITW10 OR YIDW10 as well which are both wireless. With the YDS12 you can control the ipod with as500's remote. Which speakers are you using with the as500?

Yep - these are the ideal choices as suggested - sometimes the best answer is the simplest
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have an Arcan ipod dock (very happy with) which runs through phono cables.

Have just puchased the AS500, would the sound quality be better running through the dedicated ipod input on amp or should i just stick with the arcam running through phono?

Lew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts