I phone 4 wont let me post

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Is it still possible to switch to plain text entry? If it is I would appreciate someone doing it if they get a moment as I'm too bone idle to keep switching java off.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
UNPUBLISHED BY MODS - DUPLICATE POST

Is it still possible to switch to plain text entry? If it is I would appreciate someone doing it if they get a moment as I'm too bone idle to keep switching java off.

John Duncan

Not permanently, no (well it is but that would require Andy to request it and I think you'd regret it) but there is a 'disable rich text' link below the comment box, which you need to click to post on an iThing (as I've just done). Works a lot more reliably on Safari than Opera though, I find.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't know what but someone has done something to help I think. This site worked fine on Blackberry a couple of years ago but seems flakey at best now.

John Duncan

andrewknight said:
I don't know what but someone has done something to help I think. This site worked fine on Blackberry a couple of years ago but seems flakey at best now.

Presumably since it was rewritten from the ground up. But flaky I'm not so sure; it behaves differently on iThings now, in that there's a 'disable rich text' button which you have to use, whereas before an admin would have to turn off rich text editing permanently per user.

To fix it for exveryone permanently, I think the tech guys would need to look at upgrading the version of the rich text editor used, as I hear the latest versions now work better with iOS devices.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
That is fine for you Apple users but on a blackberry I've found I have to go through a couple of extra stages in order to post (nevermind the captcha I get as I've not been on for ages). Hell, at least I can post via the oe browser now. Used to need Opera.

John Duncan

Ah right, you're on a Blackberry. Sorry, didn't twig. I haven't got one to hand (my daughter's away) so will need to wait for me to have a look at the problems you're facing.

I've turned the captcha off for you now though...

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I've got the hang of posting now and am even getting used to the convoluted method of adding pictures.

I don't think there is a great deal that can be done without a mobile friendly format JD.

Thank you for losing the captcha, but can I get rid of the signature that makes me sound like that toerag afkap now please?

TRENDING THREADS